Have you ever had one of those mornings when you wish you had stayed in bed? Do you have trouble getting out the door on time in the morning? Do you get to school and realize you forgot your homework?
These easy tips will save time and keep you out of trouble with Dad, Mom, and the teacher.
Try these ideas:
1. Lay out clothes. Pick out your clothes the night before. It may sound silly, but set out socks and shoes, too. I can't count the time I've been late because I was searching for a shoe! Have everything you'll need ready to go. If anything needs to be ironed, don't wait until the morning to do it. Iron it the night before so you're ahead of the game.
2. Prepare lunches. If you can, pack your lunch the night before. You can pack veggies in individual baggies and put them in the refrigerator. Put chips in baggies and set them out on the kitchen counter.
3. Don't wait and shower in the morning. Take your shower the night before so you can sleep a little later. Extra time equals extra snoozing. You'll be thankful for that extra 15 - 30 minutes sleep in the morning.
4. Set out back packs and/or books. Have your supplies and books ready to go. Make sure all your homework is done so your parents won't be rushing you the next morning.
5. No television. Don't turn on the television until you have everything ready to go. It's too easy to get distracted and end up wasting valuable time.
These ideas aren't rocket science. By following these tips, you won't only get to school on time, but you'll keep your parents happy, too.
Lisa Kirby is a new children's freelance author. Need some fun ideas for the kids? Or maybe family resources like stories, crafts, tips, and simple snack ideas? Visit Lisa's blog at http://www.familyfunandfood.blogspot.com for ideas on bringing your family together, having fun, and living a more simple life.