A Father's Day gift brings a lot of joy to everyone. Even shopping for a gift for dad is fun. From now until mid June, the stores will be crowded with children, big and small, gazing at ties, examining TV remote controls, and running fingers over fishing rods.
Let us look at 7 gift ideas that may be just right for your father on his special day.
1) Champagne. Only the finest champagne will do for a celebration on Father’s Day. Two of the best are a 1996 Dom Perignon and a 1996 Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque. Consider adding a dozen champagne glasses as a gift to go along with the champagne. And, if you really want to do it up right, present him with an ice bucket, as well.
2) Gift Card. Gift cards are at the height of popularity today. People love to give and receive them. The all-time favorites are those from the major credit card companies. The Green Dot Visa and MasterCards, for example, do not ever lose value. They are reloadable with amounts from $20 to $200. They are accepted worldwide and can be replaced if ever lost. Other popular gift cards are those issued by favorite stores.
3) Name Scrolls or Gift Scrolls. This name scroll is a name painting. Your father’s name is featured against a painted background or a crest. Included are the name meaning, its history, and famous people with the same name. A golden crown, seals, and colorful borders adorn the scroll which is ready for framing. This is a handsome gift that every dad will treasure forever.
4) Weather-Forecasting Umbrella. When a storm is coming, the handle of this good-looking umbrella flashes blue. And, the closer the storm comes, the more quickly it flashes. The built-in receiver in the handle receives transmissions of weather forecasts. This gift is novel and a conversation opener.
5) Safari Jacket. Made of microsuede, this jacket is rugged. It resists wrinkles and dries in a flash. It has numerous pockets both inside and out, some of which are zippered and keep passport, checks, credit cards and money secure. There is also a pocket for your cell-phone. This jacket is a good choice for travel or everyday wear.
6) Men’s Carry-ons and Carryalls. Made from rugged cotton canvas with leather trim, these bags are reinforced with industrial-strength nylon. From among the carry-ons, you can choose the gear bag, the rolling overnighter, the carry-on pullman and the dispatch bag. You father can go on vacation in grand style. The bags for everyday wear include the mail bag and the computer brief.
7) All-in-One Remote Control. This device takes the place of up to 8 other remote controls. It controls appliances such as televisions, cable boxes, in-home theater systems, and video cassette recorders. To access a different appliance, simply turn the dial. Think of all the appliances you can direct from the comfort of your armchair with this little hand-held device.
Whatever you buy for your father, his biggest joy on Father’s Day is being with you. Children and grandchildren will always be his one and only Father’s Day gift.
Benedict Manovill creates gift scrolls for you. A leading name historian and calligrapher, his works are in collections around the world. Order your personalized gift scroll and receive a free treasured gift. For more information, visit giftscrolls4u.com