Your garage presents you with enough space to store items which you cannot place anywhere else in the house. The first step will be to sort through your belongings and discard stuff that you do not need anymore. Then you can start organizing your garage space accordingly, to make room for everything you want to store in that place.
- Categorize every item, make separate storage spaces for your electrical equipments, your lawn maintenance and other garden tools and any sports gear that you might need to store. Designating specific places for the items will help you to locate them easily as and when you need them. Anything that you will need to use everyday should be kept at such a place where you can reach them easily.
- Store different seasonal items separately. For instance, if winter is approaching, group together items like snow shovels, ice scrapers, skis, snow boots and the like and keep them at an easily accessible place. These should not be mixed with items that you need at summer like sun umbrellas and barbecue grills. You may want to have a tall cabinet built to place all these articles at the same place.
- Hooks and shelves are the key to solving your garage organization problem. A wide range of hooks and hangers are available in the market and help you get virtually everything off the floor. Do no go strictly by the name. “Ladder hooks" can be used to hang up much more than just ladders. “Rafter hooks" can be used to hold extension cords rather than being fastened into rafter. Look at the size and shape of the hooks and try to visualize what articles it can hold.
- Articles that cannot be hung from hooks need to be shelved. Installation of shelves, particularly the standard-and-bracket system shelves is simple. You may hire a professional carpenter to help you with this job.
- Do not pile up your garage too much, leave room for your car as well, and enough free space to be able to maneuver it while driving in and out of the garage. Make sure that your garage organization work does not encroach upon the space needed by the passengers to enter and exit the car comfortably.
Organizing or even reflecting on organizing the garage is often an exasperating chore for almost all homeowners. However, the sooner you get it organized, the better use you can make out of that place.
Want to learn more about Garage Organization System ?, feel free to visit us at: http://www.about-garages.info/Articles/Garage_Organizer.php