Friend, what is the bottom line for you in purchasing an air filter for your home? Is it to improve the over all quality of your indoor air? Sure, be that as it may, you require careful consideration in order to find and purchase the proper air filter system suitable for your particular home. An air filter that is just humming noisily only makes its presence felt, but the job might not be done after all. There are several air filter manufacturers on the market, all claiming that their brands are the best or at most does what it claims in both the brochure and manual, but as you must know, all brands don't have the same quality. However, below are the five air filter market leaders and their different brands and claims:
1. Honeywell was founded in 1885. Their products range from humidifiers, thermostats with eight popular air filters types:
- Replacement Media filter air filters
- Electrostatic air cleaners
- Media Air Cleaners
- Media Air filters
- HEPA Air Cleaners
- Furnace Mount Air cleaners
- Return Grille air cleaners.
- HEPA Whole House Air Cleaners that purifier indoor air in three stages through a pre-filter cleaning action, an activated carbon filtration and finally through a HEPA filter component.
2. K&N have been manufacturing and selling their brands of air filters for over thirty years. Both their brochures and manuals claim that their traditional disposable filters are the best because they provide high quality air filtration through unrestricted air flow that encourages engine longevity: K&N's products are replacement air filters of cotton media for engines, especially motorcycles, vehicles and racing cars. They are quite popular air filters, said to improve horsepower and acceleration.
3. Furnace filters are the specialty of Air Bear Trion. Their filter products are mainly Replacement filters and Media cleaners. This company manufactures both whole house air filters and portable air filters, which Air Bear Trion claims to be the most efficient for air filtration.
4. Hunter Air Filters are the manufacturers of both QuietFlow and HEPAtech air filters. The company claims that QuietFlow and HEPAtech air filters are HEPA filters, and that depending on the quality of your indoor air, their filters can last up to six months before change becomes due. The HEPAtech runs on charcoal filters that are capable of removing most allergens, including odors. The down side of this product is that charcoal filters require frequent replacements.
5. Oreck gained popularity with their powerful Oreck XL Professional Air Purifier, which the company claims to completely purify the air in a 30'x 30’ room every hour by destroying bacteria, pet dander, household dust and allergens. Oreck XL Professional is aid to have a five-stage purification process, which makes it more powerful than HEPA filter in air filtration. The five-stage system are:
- A pre-filter,
- Positive charging wires,
- A collector,
- Charcoal odor trappers and
- An air-revitalizer,
Neshah writes for your sound health. He recommends Air Filter Selection Success Free Information for durable air filter selection tips. Air Filter Selection Success site Map is a road map to successful air filter selection. You will do well to email this article to family, friends and colleagues, they will love it.