So you’re planning a baby shower for your best friend and now you’re panicking because you have never thrown a baby shower before. Don’t worry, here are five tips to help you plan a great baby shower:
1. Come up with a theme for the baby shower, but make sure you clear it with the mom-to-be. There are so many themes you can choose, such as Baby Book Showers (where each guest brings a children’s storybook), Diaper Baby Showers (where each guest brings a bag of diapers), Teddy Bear Baby Showers (where teddy bears are used as decorations – stuffed bears, on napkins, invitations, banners, etc. ) and the list goes on and on. Come up with a great theme and you’ll throw a baby shower that people will be talking about for years to come.
2. Include the mom-to-be’s baby registry information on the invitation. This really helps guest discover what the mom-to-be needs for the baby. Also make sure you note the theme of the baby shower on the invitation as well, so that guests can come prepared.
3. Come up with some fun baby shower games. Let’s face it; some baby shower games are boring, so spice up your baby shower with some unique games. Search online for “baby shower games” and then let your imagine go!
4. Assign someone as the mom-to-be’s helper. This person is usually someone the new mom is close to such as her best friend, sister or mom. This person typically helps the mom with her food and drinks and makes sure she’s comfortable. The helper also monitors the mom-to-be’s emotions as she may be tired, cranky and stressed out.
5. Make sure you involve the mom-to-be in the planning process of the baby shower so she can give her input on what she’d like. Surprise showers, as fun as they seem, are not always the best idea for a pregnant woman whose hormones are raging. Having mom involved also ensures that everyone gets invited who should be there.
Have fun planning your friend’s baby shower. Remember, if you do a great job you can guarantee that when it’s your turn you’ll have a great baby shower too!
To learn more about planning a baby shower as well as fun games and themes to use click here