Dyson vacuum cleaners came along and revolutionised the way consumers think about vacuum cleaners. The funky design of a Dyson vacuum is the result of function over form and was designed from the first to solve the biggest complaint consumers’ had about vacuum cleaners - loss of suction as the bag filled up.
How do Dyson vacuum cleaners work?
Before Dyson came along, all vacuum cleaners used bags, but as the bag filled up the vacuum lost suction power. Dyson vacuum cleaners don't have a bag and they don't lose suction. Instead, Dyson vacuums use centrifugal force to produce suction. The patented Root Cyclone technology spins the air at very high speed, which produces very strong suction. The dirt is collected in the vacuum's clear plastic bin drum - no suction power is lost, even when the bin is almost full.
What are the benefits of using a Dyson vacuum?
1. The number one benefit has to be its incredible suction power that lasts and lasts.
2. The range of Dyson vacuum cleaners means you get the right machine to clean your floors, whether you have rugs, carpets, hardwood floors etc.
3. Dyson vacuums are style icons; stylish but sturdy. You can show off your vacuum to your friends.
4. Like all top rated vacuum cleaners, Dyson comes with a HEPA filter. Dyson's HEPA filter is a ‘Lifetime’ filter that never needs replacing, you simply wash it when it needs it and you ready to go. Also, about 99% of the bacteria and mold spores that are sucked up stay in the vacuum, making the Dyson a very good vacuum cleaner for allergy sufferers.
5. Dyson vacuum cleaners come with extensive tools and attachments so that you can clean every part of your home. Dyson's extendable hose is ideal for tackling stairs, while the telescopic reach allows you to vacuum curtains or overhead cobwebs without the hassle of assembly.
6. As you would expect from a vacuum cleaner that is highly rated by consumers, when you buy a Dyson, you also buy a vacuum with a good warranty and after sales service. Dyson vacuum parts are easily available and repairs are prompt because of their extensive dealer network.
7. As Dyson vacuum cleaners are bagless, they're good for the environment. Emptying the dust bin is very easy.
Are there any downsides?
Well, not everyone likes the styling of Dyson vacuums. Also, some prefer that their vacuums use bags; they don't like having to empty the dust bin. But, the biggest downside of buying a Dyson vacuum cleaner is cost. Dyson vacuums are more expensive that their competitors and the initial cost can be off-putting for many. However, buying a Dyson vacuum should be considered as an investment for the future; you should expect to get many years of service from your Dyson.
Dyson vacuum cleaners really are amongst the top rated vacuum cleaners and it's not hard to see why. Dyson vacuums were designed from the outset to be innovative and avoid the age old problem of suction loss. Dyson remains a very innovative company; constantly bringing out new models and revamping their older ones. Dyson has many satisfied customers around the world; when you use one yourself for the first time, you'll see why.
Robin O'Brien is founder of a website dedicated to promoting the top rated vacuum cleaners available on the market today; including Hoover, Kirby and Dyson vacuum cleaners amongst others.