The Christmas season is just around the corner. Because of that, the airwaves are filled with joyous Christmas carols that everybody enjoys. And one good selection of Christmas carols are those classified as funny or laughingly infectious.
Good examples of this are the carols sung by Alvin and the Chipmunks. They have quite a selection of funny Christmas carols and lyrics that would appeal to both young and old alike. More specifically, these songs are:
1. The Chipmunk Song. This song has a subtitle of “Christmas Don't Be Late". The famous group, Alvin and the Chipmunks sung this song together with their human confidant, David Seville. It was Ross Bagdasarian, Sr. who wrote this piece. Consequently though, he is the same person as David Seville. This is quite a short Christmas song, composed of only two paragraphs. But it did hit the charts and became number one during its release in 1958.
2. All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth. Donald Yetter Gardner wrote this song in 1944. He was then a music teacher in Smithtown in New York. The song was written in about 30 minutes at most but it did become a certified hit. Gardner had described this particular song to be a rather silly one. But then again it was picked up by carolers of all ages. Aside from Alvin and the Chipmunks, Nat King Cole, The Platters, and Mariah Carey have all recorded this song.
3. Here Comes Santa Claus. Gene Autry wrote the song and placed the necessary melody for it. This is a long song, which is composed of four paragraphs in all. The refrain that goes “Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus, Right down Santa Claus lane" is repeated after every stanza.
4. Up On The House Top. This song is yet another song that Alvin and the Chipmunks made their own. This piece is part of Chipmunk's Greatest Christmas Hits. The album is released in 1998 and had soon become a season's favorite, especially by the younger generations.
5. It's Beginning to look a lot Like Christmas. This is an example of a song sung by Alvin, Theodore, and Simon that includes their comrade Dave. Like “All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth", this piece was also sung by singing greats like Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, and The Fontaine Sisters.
6. Hang Up Your Stockin’. This is one more funny Christmas song favorite. The song is a part of the Christmas with the Chipmunks Volume 2 CD under Capitol Records. The CD was originally released in 1963 and was reissued in 1991.
7. Twelve Days of Christmas. Alvin and the Chipmunks have their own version of the famous “12 Days of Christmas" Christmas Carol. You would be amazed, and would actually smile at the twists in the Chipmunk's rendition of this particular song.
8. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas. Kids of all ages surely knew this one. It is a simple song of a child asking for a gift from Santa Claus, who is fondly referred to as Jolly Old Saint Nicholas.
These are the most popular funny Christmas songs and lyrics as rendered by the equally famous Alvin and the Chipmunks. So the next time you are looking for these kinds of songs, you now know which artist to select.
About the Author: Jean Rennick enjoys Christmas carols and the other traditions she and her family share. To learn more about Christmas , and how you can make this season special for your family, visit her website at http://Christmas.GetCelebrating.com