If you are on the lookout for second hand Chubb fireproof cabinets, there are plenty of options online. There are many sites that deal with second hand cabinets and all you need to do is a little bit of research to find out the best buys from the umpteen options available. A second hand Chubb safe is always a better option if you have a limited budget. We give you a few simple tips to buy a good Chubb second hand cabinet.
• Check for any damage. A little wear and tear is common, but there should not be any large dents.
• Look for damages that might have caused due to flames or high temperature.
• Try to open and close it with various levels of speed and force. Ensure that the doors are closing fully and securely. If not then it is a sign that its protective ability has been compromised.
• See if the locks are in good condition by locking and unlocking it. If it has an electronic lock, check whether each button works. If it has a fingerprint lock, ask the seller to demonstrate it for you.
• If you are buying a cabinet with an electronic or fingerprint lock, ask the seller to reset it for you
• Anti-tip mechanisms are important safety devices fitted to many cabinets that prevent the cabinet from unbalancing when its drawers are opened. Test the anti-tip mechanism by opening a drawer fully and then checking if others will open at the same time. If more than one drawer opens at once, then it is because the anti-tip device is not working properly.
• Don’t be tempted by offers and advertisements. Always buy from a reputable dealer
• Think about what you would be storing in the cabinets.
• It is better to buy floor mounted cabinets as they offer better protection than wall mounted cabinets.
• Check the date of purchase of the cabinet to determinate its age. You can easily check this out from the specifications on the cabinet and its ratings.
• Choose a safe that is sturdy enough to protect your valuables at least for the next 10 years. A fireproof cabinet is a one-time buy and you should not end up with a junk.
• Take the help of an expert before finalising on the product
• Do not give any advance payments or sign any contract before the delivery of the product.
• Ask for specifications manual
• It is always better to buy cabinets with digital locks
• To check if it is a genuine Chubb cabinet, look for UL ratings. A genuine Chubb cabinet will certainly have this rank. This is to ensure that the safe has all the features that it promises to have, the kind of materials used for building and how long it will be able to protect your valuables.
• Ask for insurance documents. Along with the UL rating, proper insurance is also a must for a good cabinet. Verify all these documents before you make the final payment.
Check out Fire Cabinets Direct to buy fireproof cabinets with digital lock. They offer new safes and second hand chubb fireproof cabinets to protect valuables like files, documents, cash, jewellery and more.