Do you need more living space but simply do not have the funds to add a new room or two? Perhaps you have a baby on the way or you need a home office. Or maybe two kids sharing a room need their own space. The answer may literally be right under your nose!
There are numerous ways that you may be able to inexpensively create additional living areas from unused spaces.
1. Attic remodel - do you have an unfinished attic that could be turned into a bedroom or home office? You may need to strengthen the floor and improve lighting and ventilation.
2. Basement remodel - what are you doing with your basement? Again, lighting and ventilation will need to be planned, but your walls and floor are already there.
3. Closet - do you have a spare closet or one you could clean out? Convert this into a home office perhaps, or if large enough, a nursery.
4. Garage remodel - the structure is already in place, it may just need cleaning out. If you have a large garage, you could possibly partition it enabling you to store garden implements or even a car, as well as have your games room or home office.
5. Divide a room - If you have a large room that you do not use entirely, why not put up temporary walls or room dividers. These are perfect for renters too, because they can be removed when you leave. Temporary walls come with doors so you can easily move around.
Jenny Jackson is the webmaster of http://www.room-creation-ideas.com - You are welcome to reproduce this article on your family or home improvement related web site, as long as you reproduce the article in full, including this resource box and link to her website.