Bathrooms are essential part of the house; a house would not be complete if there is no bathroom. It is so important, since it’s a place where we find peace and release. Also it makes us feel better when we have gone into shower. That is why some people really make their bathrooms a room where they feel relax through putting some bathtubs and accessories in it. Another important part of it is the toilet that we use every day. But sometimes or maybe because of repeatedly usage, leaks occur and further problems will follow. Toilet leakage is the most common problem at home. Furthermore, here are some things that you can do when it happens in your toilet.
First, you must find out how the problem starts. The usual caused of toilet leakage is that its runner gasket fails to function properly. This kind of plumbing job can be done using the right materials and tools for the repairing process.
For this you will need:
- Adjustable wrench
- Tiny brush made from wire
- Scrap fabric
- latch for the tank
- spud washer
Here is how you can do it.
- Go to your bathroom of course, where your toilet is located and from there look for the switch and turn off the water resources. Turn it off by moving in counter clockwise. It is a must that there is no water in the tank, so you can work on it better. If circumstances that there’s still a little amount of water in the tank, absorb it using the sponge.
- Start from using the adjustable wrench holding the secure screw of the container that is inside it. Loosen up the screw using a screwdriver one after the other. After that, you can now detach the tank from your toilet bowl and put it aside in a lay down position so you can easily work on it.
- The old materials like spud washer and old covering should be removed and replaced by the new ones. Make sure that you clean this spot with brush to eliminate any other debris that is left from the old and rotten parts of the toilet tank.
- After replacing the old ones, you can now put back the lock of the tanks in the most proper way.
- Now that you have changed the old materials, you can now put back the water tank on its place and secure the screws.
These are simple plumbing procedures that you can do on your own in case you have toilet leaks. Being a handy man at home is a must nowadays especially if you are in a remote area. But if you have access to plumbing companies, better get a help from them as it will save you from hassles and effort
http://www.theplumbingteam.com.au/ ">Plumbers Blacktown are your friendly neighbor problem solver when it comes to your pipe and water sewerage and drainage problem. You can expect a friendly plumber at your home but doing a professional plumbing work that you need, making your experience with us to be plasurable for you.