As the sun rises on another day, cul-de-sacs throughout Birmingham will be full of the sound of children playing out and the air will be full of the beautiful smells of various barbeques. Unfortunately, for every few barbeques which fill the air with the smell of burgers and sausages, there will be a house that is emitting a foul stench, due to having blocked drains Birmingham which have gone unnoticed and allowed various waste products to build up over time. A blocked drain can have a number of implications both to your property and also the health of the inhabitants. It’s therefore vitally important that if you suspect your drain of being blocked, that you contact your local drainage specialists.
Unfortunately, spotting whether a drain is blocked or not isn’t something which we are taught. However although a drainage system can be complex, spotting whether it is blocked or not isn’t – nor is getting it unblocked and if required fixed, by a trained and specialised drainage expert.
As a property owner, whether of a domestic or commercial premises, it’s important that you’re aware of the signs a blocked drain exert, below is a brief guide to some of the signs you may experience.
There are three clear indications that your drainage system has a block somewhere along the lines, these are:
• A foul stench from the drains themselves – usually the smell will be similar to that of rotting food
• Manholes overflowing
• Waste not dispersing when the toilet is flushed
However, before one of these three signs are made evident, you’ll be greeted with several warning signs (some of which are highlighted below). If you act as soon as these become apparent you can prevent your drains from becoming blocked.
1. A gurgling sound as you flush the toilet/empty water from the sink/bath. You may also notice that the water as you have a bath or shower isn’t draining away as it should, and instead bubbles up occasionally.
2. Water levels within the toilet being significantly lower than usual
3. Sinks within the property will have a smell about them due to trapped waste inside which cannot disperse correctly.
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs, then unfortunately your drainage system is blocked. Instead of poking around in the dark, not knowing what you’re really doing or hoping to achieve, call your local drainage specialists. Their experienced and specially trained team will be able to unblock any blocked drains Birmingham using the latest technology and techniques to ensure all water flows through effectively.