Mini lights aren't just for the Christmas season any longer. These versatile lights come in a ton of different colors, spacing and wiring colors. Take advantage of their versatility and the fact that they won't set you back much of your decorating budget and you'll be sure to add some sparkle to your home.
Here are 10 of my top ideas for using mini lights in and around your home. (Make sure any lights that you use outside are rated for outdoor use and connect to a GFCI outlet. )
1. Wrap the trunks of any trees or plants inside or out.
2. Use LED mini lights to set up a reading nook or accent the lower bunk of a set of bunk beds. (LED lights don't heat up so they'll be safer. )
3. Write a message on a wall with push pins and hang a set of lights over and around them (don't push the pins through the wire. )
4. Fill a wide glass urn with some clear sets and replace your dirty fireplace grate with something that will light up your hearth.
5. Echo the color scheme of your child's rooms with mini lights outlining their windows.
6. Fill a glass brick with a shorter - 35 -50 bulb set - wrapped in organza (or not!) and use it to decorate a shelf or book case.
7. Fill a wine bottle with twinkle lights and accent your next buffet table.
8. Use LED mini ice or M5 or razzberry sets to light up that area on top of your kitchen cabinets. (LED mini lights are great because they don't heat up and they'll last longer!)
9. Use dynamic or chasing colored mini lights and some foam poster board or a cardboard box - poke holes and insert lights - it's a campy Science Fiction computer panel! Great for geeky parties!
10. Wrap clear sets on white wire wrapped in tulle to accent a wedding guest book or gift table.
So head to the attic and pull down those Christmas lights, or surf the web and find some to purchase in July. These little accessories are an inexpensive and versatile way to brighten up your home.
Shellie Gardner, owner of Christmas Light Source, has a passion for mini lights as well as all the other types of Christmas lights and enjoys helping her customers make every occasion special with just a little extra sparkle.