Sports-themed bedrooms for boys are always a great way to go for the athlete in your family. Here are some great ways to create a baseball theme boys bedroom on a budget.
1) Paint the room a basic beige color to mimic the color of the field. I used Benjamin Moore Deer Path #1047.
2) Add a mural on one wall to create an at the stadium feeling in the bedroom. I used this easy-to-install mural for a great effect.
3) Choose a simple painted bed with an open headboard so the mural is easily viewable. For the bedding, you can purchase a sports-themed set, or just get a plain blue quilt, and jazz it up with accessories. Use baseball pillows/sheets/blankets for a more cohesive look.
4) Create a nightstand out of an old locker, or paint an old nightstand bright red and put a baseball knob on the drawers/door. You can also purchase nightstands that look like lockers. You can add a baseball lamp to pull it together.
5) It's easy to re-purpose an existing ceiling fan by painting it red or blue, and applying baseball decals, or you can find a great baseball fan ready to install at Lowes.
6) For window treatments, create a custom valance by using team pennants which you can find on Ebay! String them together with rope and tack them to the wall or string them to a curtain rod. Use plain blue panels for extra privacy.
7) For extra touches, add a baseball rug, baseball knobs to the closet doors, or some framed pictures of their favorite players.
Your boys baseball room is sure to be a hit with all his friends. Take me out to the ball game!
For pictures of my baseball theme room, and product guides, visit Boys Baseball Bedroom
Rebecca shares her design ideas and pictures on her site at http://thedecoratingideasite.com