It's hard to put yourself first in todays world. The world is moving at a rapid pace - cell phones, laptops, your child's extracurricular activities, your spouse, the dog, your parents, your volunteer group - the list never ends.
Many of you feel like your spinning out of control. You finally devoted a few hours to learn how to create harmony and balance in your home by taking a Feng Shui course but you still feel unsettled.
The missing component - YOU TIME! That's right - you can rearrange your furniture, add all the necessary elements in, align the proper stars in place but unless you are aligned yourself - you won't see true results.
This summer be selfish, be greedy, do something for yourself and what you'll soon discover is that your family will benefit as much as you will - by being surrounded by our happiness!
Here are some of our summertime suggestion!
1. Give your toes a facelift! If you have never had a pedicure now is the time! Indulgent perhaps, fabulous - always! You don't need a full day at the spa, 30 minutes at the local nail bar and your done! Have fun - pick a bright, happy summer colour and see how simple colour therapy can make you feel fresh and new!
2. Take Back a Saturday! Yes the laundry needs to be done, the teenagers need a drive and the baby is teething! Arrange a little help from family and friends and do something for yourself. Take a class you have always wanted to take, go to a movie, or just go for a walk. Do something for yourself and don't feel obligated to explain why to anyone! Help re balance your inner self by doing something for you!
3. Take Part in a Holistic Therapy Have you always wanted to experience something different that will help balance your mind, body and spirit? Sign up for a Reiki, Colour Therapy or Sound Therapy session? Allow yourself an opportunity to feel a different connection. Take a Meditation or Yoga class - just one, see what you like and how you feel - you may be opening an avenue to a whole new lifestyle.
4. Call an Old Friend Always wondered what happened to your best friend from high school? They are probably thinking the same thing! Call them up and meet them for coffee! Bring your old yearbooks and laugh at all the memories! no judging, no expectations - just a fun afternoon going down memory lane.
5. Write in a Grateful Journal When life seems to be spiraling take time out and write down your thoughts on what your grateful for in your life. Yes you have heard it on Oprah, and your spiritual advisor has told you this -but now just do it!
Poor yourself a glass of wine, relax and acknowledge all the joys in your life - that alone will get you motivated to enjoy your life to its fullest - and if you have pretty shiny toes at the same time- all the better!
Life is a blessing - remember its your life, so take time for you
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fay Chapple is an International Feng Shui Expert, award winning Interior Decorator and Life Coach, and is Principal of the award winning Home & Life Design Firm Blue Avalon.
Blue Avalon specializes in Interior Decorating, Feng Shui and Abundant Living. Blue Avalon is the publisher of The Blue Avalon Journal, a monthly e-zine packed with ideas, tips and insider secrets! To subscribe log on to our site at http://www.blueavalon.com and you'll receive a bonus book, The Number One Feng Shui Secret That Will Transform Your Life!
Blue Avalon - “Harmony for your home. . . Balance for your life!" http://www.blueavalon.com