Wind power is a great source of renewable energy and doesn't harm the environment. That's why windmills for home use are becoming more and more popular every day. A simple wind turbine is very easy to build and practically any homeowner can do it, because no special skills are required. The spinning of the blades will generate the energy and the turbine will turn it into electricity, with the help of a small electric motor. The first thing you need to do is to find the correct location around your home to place the turbine. It must have strong wind force (more than 10kmph) and be free from any obstruction. The top of your roof would be a good place to install a windmill. Some of the materials you are going to need are: mounting, batteries, blades, generator and the proper tower to put the system. Most of these parts can be bought from your local hardware store.
Building your own wind turbine can help you:
- Save more than 80% off your electric bill or even completely eliminate it. For example, if your monthly utility bill is about $200, you will be able to reduce it to $40. This way you can save more than $1000 every year.
- Use green energy and receive tax credits.
- Make money by selling the extra energy to your utility company.
- Protect the environment and reduce global warming.
- Increase the value of your house.
A homemade windmill won't cost more than $100 in most cases and can easily pay for itself in less than a month. Compared to buying a ready wind turbine, building your own is much cheaper and will only take a couple of days. You might want to consider building several smaller wind generators instead of a big one. This way even if you shut one down for maintenance, the other ones will still generate power.
If you want to find out how to build your own Wind Turbine today, Just Click Here !