The development of retractable screen doors due to the advancement of technology has contributed a lot in making your home comfortable as well as in enhancing its beauty. These are quite different in appearance and handling as compared to the traditional metal looking screen doors. These doors are remarkably different in appearance as well as handling from the traditional looking screen doors.
Some of the several benefits of using a retractable screen door are briefed below:
- The retractable screen doors are very convenient to use and give your home an entire different look.
- You can enjoy the outside view without having to worry about insects and bugs.
- It increases home ventilation, thereby reducing energy consumption.
- No more need to use two doors when you can simply leave the screen unrolled for protection while the glass door is open.
- The retractable glass door comes in various colors and stylish patterns and is sure to give your home and décor a new look.
- The screens come with strong fittings, so they need minimum maintenance year after year.
- Installation of these screens is easy and ready equipment, thereby facilitating convenient working.
You have to keep some important factors in your mind while deciding upon the type of retractable glass door you is to install at your home:
Warranty: Always remember to confirm the period of warranty, whether it is only for a year or for the entire lifetime of the retractable screen door.
Speed Reducer: Ask your dealer to get the screen fitted with a speed reducer to control the speed of the front bar as it may cause physical harm or injury to you.
UV resistance: Check if your screen door has the nylon element present in it as it ensures protection from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun which may cause cracking of your house walls.
Handles: The kind and quality of handles used by the manufacturer in the retractable screen door is also very important. It is important to have handles which are easy to get hold on and that are properly fitted into the front bar of the screen door.
Installation: You should ensure a proper installation by a trained expert as it is very critical in determining the strength as well as durability of the retractable door. According to the laws of the State the installer should have the requisite contractor’s license.
After-Service: It is always advisable to obtain in advance, the terms and conditions of after-service for your retractable screen door by the contractor. Also make sure to get in writing beforehand the components or parts of the door to which the service or warranty (if any) is extendable, in order to prevent any scope for future ambiguities. Also verify before hand, as to by whom would these services be provided by, the manufacturer or any licensed contractor.
11568 Sorrento Valley Rd. #15
San Diego CA 92121