Do you know that smoke from any type of fire is made up of carbon monoxide, soot, and carbon dioxide. But also harmful chemicals may enter the smoke depending on what's burning and that smoke is inhaled into your lungs or fastens to your clothes, furniture, walls, and other areas. Most of the metal and hardwood furniture will not get too smelly but fabric or softwood items will develop odors over time. Smoke odors are tough to get rid off as they can penetrate deep into surfaces.
Upholstery cleaning is definitely the method for it but you can also try these methods to remove the smoke odors from your upholstery and clothes. Removing Smoke Stink From Furniture Does your furniture have a faint smell of smoke because of people who love to smoke in your surroundings or of the kitchen? Try the following methods to remove smoke odor from your furniture.
- Pour Some Vodka: - Vodka wiping your furniture is always a good idea to get odors out.
Pour a little vodka on a washcloth, then wipe it over the affected area of furniture. It will help to remove the smoke smell from furniture, or you can put some alcohol to the spray bottle and squirt it over your furniture. The smoke odor will banish from your upholstery like they were never there.
- Refinish Your Furniture: -If you wanted to give your furniture a little makeover, then now it's a chance. You can apply a new coat of paint or finish over wooden furniture. Refinishing will seal any odors in as well as it will also give your area a new facelift.
It will give you feel like you are done with new sofa cleaning by professionals.
- Powder Fresh Your Furniture: - Sprinkle some baking soda over all the upholstered areas of the furniture, cushions also. If the cushions are removable then remove them and sprinkle it over the place where cushions go.
Let baking soda settle over 30 minutes and then vacuum it away.
- Use Air Purifiers: -Air purifiers trap neutralize the odors completely from your room and furniture. There are electronic air cleaners which produce an electric field which helps to ionize the odor particles present in the air and trap them to the collection plate.
These machines cause the particles to drop on the ground which is left for later vacuuming.
- Makeup Bowls Of Charcoal: -Charcoal is used to rehab the body and to filter the bad tastes from drinking water. Since charcoal is also the nontoxic cleaner so it is also used to filter the air because it can absorb contaminants and strong odors, like cigarette smoke, smoke from the kitchen and many others.
Place the charcoal in small bowls or containers and then leave the containers inside your room for a few days. If the smell is not gone then replace the old charcoal with a new one.