As anybody that lives in a hard water area will know, showerheads becoming blocked are one of the first indicators that limescale has lodged in the nozzles. The main problem it causes is a reduced water flow through the shower unit.
Knowing that it's only limescale that is the problem here is the first step to resolving the problem. Some people go ahead and replace the unit once the nozzles become blocked in this way. Indeed one can certainly do this, however, there is a method to unblock these nozzles using an easy, step by step technique that has been proven to work and clear the blockages in minutes.
Depending on the type of material the shower unit is made of (plastic or metal), will deterimine the specific technique to use. Below we will address the issue of unblocking a metal showerhead.
Natural Formula to Use:
½ liter of white vinegar, 1 liter of water
Method to Use:
1. Find a small sized saucepan
2. Add the white vinegar/water mixture
3. Heat to bring the mixture to the boil
4. Carefully rest the metal shower head in the mixture and allow to boil for around 15 minutes
5. Allow the mixture to cool down - you don't want to burn your fingers
6. Remove the showerhead from the mixture and replace back on the shower unit.
1. Allow the boiling mixture to cool down completely before removing the showerhead.
2. If the showerhead cannot be removed use same method as above and secure a plastic bag around the showerhead with tape or rubber bands and leave overnight if possible.
Once one knows the secrets to removing hard water stains and limescale, and the correct methods to use, all the issues associated with them can be easily resolved. We all know the cost of replacing expensive fixtures and fittings like showerheads. However, to get rid of limescale from the nozzles and bring them back to new, it is certainly not necessary to use potentially dangerous chemicals - using completely natural solutions that are eco-friendly is just as effective.
Visit our popular website at http://www.hardwaterstainstips.com
Email us with any questions or queries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Henry BEng (Hons), is a recognised industry expert in removing hard water stains. With an honours degree in Chemical Engineering, he teaches people how to remove stubborn hard water stains and limescale using a step by step guide. He is author of the ebook “Hard Water Stain Removal Secrets Revealed". Complete information on his popular ebook is available from his web site. And while your there, don't forget to subscribe to his FREE report on the reasons why hard water is such a problem in so many areas of the world.