How to create a relaxing bathroom Many people see their bathroom as a purely functional space – as somewhere to quickly shower and get ready for work. They don't realise that their bathroom can be a sanctuary – a place to unwind and relax after a stressful day at work.
Just making a few little adjustments can make the world of difference to your bathroom and turn it into the perfect retreat. You don't need to put in a whole new suite to make it a more inviting and luxurious environment; just follow the pointers below to create a your own personal spa.
1. Cotton comforts – thick, fluffy cotton towels are a simple and relatively inexpensive way to add a little luxury to your bathroom. If your bathroom is quite plain, they can also be a great way to add colour to the room, which you can update whenever the mood takes you.
2. Floral arrangements – it has often been proved that the presence of indoor plants is relaxing and that just looking at a plant can help to soothe stress. Add an orchid or bamboo plant to your bathroom and calm your senses.
3. Light up – not only do candles make a great visual display, but they can also fill the air with a delightful scent. And the gentle flickering of their flame can be very relaxing. . .
4. A lick of paint – Maybe you're a little bit bored with how your bathroom currently looks and want a quick fix? Painting the room just a slightly different colour can make it feel more refreshing and modern. You're more likely to relax if you're happy with how your bathroom looks.
5. Mirror, Mirror on the wall – Try putting a mirror on the wall to reflect the light and make the bathroom feel more airy. Space can be limited though, so if you don't have the room, opt for a cabinet with mirrored doors– that way you can hide your toiletries away too!
6. Shower power – You don't need to have great water pressure to improve the performance of your shower. Just descaling your current shower head can make a world of difference to the flow of water. If you don't have the time for that, consider buying a new shower head for a better experience.
7. Bathing beauty – Perhaps your bathroom needs a complete overhaul? Installing a beautiful new bath with shiny taps and a new power shower will stamp your personality on the room and give it a new lease of life.
Author Bio This article was provided by , UK online retailer of bathrooms , from bathroom accessories