If you're like me you love making money. But when you have a regular 9 to 5 job it's difficult to get your income to increase. If you're not going to get a raise at work then you may be out of luck. But how about creating a passive income stream on the side that you can do on your time off? Brilliant! That is what this article is about.
But is this possible? Can anyone do it? The answer is yes and yes. There are many home based jobs that you can do all on your own. You create your own hours. You decide how much you work. You are the business owner. I know this is sounding real scary to you at this moment, but don't be frightened. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
I know you have many questions such as: Does it require an investment? The answer is no. The home based jobs that I'll describe require no initial investment. Another question you may have is: Will this interfere with my current job? The answer is no. These home based businesses can be run in your spare time, such as the weekends. Another possible question is: Do I need an office? The answer again is no. You can run any of these home based businesses from the comfort of your own home.
Does this sound good so far? Great, let me now tell you my list of the top 5 home based business ideas.
1. Personal Trainer. Are you physically fit? Do you know your way around the gym? If so, you can get certification and sell your services as a personal trainer. I know you already have plenty of friends and family members who would love to lose a few pounds, so you can start offering your services to them first. Once you've done this, you can begin to develop a system that you can then apply to others and a pricing structure that makes sense for both parties. As far as getting customers, you can place ads in local newspapers, advertise your services on Craigslist and spread the word (and your business cards) at gyms and college campuses.
2. Tutor. Do you have knowledge in a particular field that others are clamoring to learn more of? There are countless examples. If you are bilingual you can help others learn a new language. There are always parents looking for piano tutors for their children. Another subject you can tutor on is anything taught in school, such as Mathematics. You can be a tutor for elementary school students all the way up to college students.
3. Planner. If you're the kind of person who loves to party, perhaps you should become a party planner. You can start by doing local birthday parties for children. As a party planner your job would be to reserve the spot for a party, whether it be a local park or a hall. You would also hire the entertainment such as a clown or balloon maker. Finally you would also be responsible for decorations and the food. Once you've gotten experience planning these types of parties you can then advance into more important parties like weddings.
4. Photography. Do you have a love of photography? If you already own a good camera and have knowledge of taking both digital and print photos then you could become a photographer. There is no license you need to get. To start, you can photograph events for your friends and family. As time goes by you can then spread the word about your services and your business will grow as you get more recommendations.
5. Web Design. Since you're reading this article you already know how to use a computer and navigate the internet. But do you know how to design a website or create a blog? If not, you can learn online. But if you already do you're a step ahead of the rest. You can offer your web design and/or graphic design services to companies looking to establish an online presence.