It is a well known fact that traffic is the most essential thing to a successful internet based business. Aside from ensuring that you have a good website design, a top quality product, as well as a top quality sales letter, now it is time to generate targeted traffic to your website.
It is imperative that you understand that all the parts that represent your business, such as your website design, or your sales copy, or the product itself, are all equally important to the success of your business. If any of these items are below standard and are unable to retain the visitor's attention, it doesn't matter how much traffic that you can bring to your site, your visitor will quickly click the back button for other more interesting sites. Retaining your visitor's interest is of paramount importance.
The methods of generating traffic are various, but before you can start you will need something to attract them. The initial purpose for attracting visitors to your website should be to start creating an opt-in list. This list will be a source of future sales as they are already interested in your niche, as well as the free item you will give them in exchange for their name and email address. The free item can be anything that is related to your niche market. An example would be an email course, or a short report created from your research notes when you were initially looking at this particular niche market. Another item would be a niche orientated Ebook which you either have the giveaway rights for, or better still a re-brand-able Ebook, which will contain your affiliate links for products of interest in the niche - one of the systems mentioned below - viral marketing.
Below is a list of some of the more popular methods for generating visitors to your website:
1. Offer a newsletter to your visitors that will provide information about the niche
2. Publish articles to article directories on subjects of interest to the niche market.
3. Start looking at forums related to the niche. Post to these forums with your link in the signature area.
4. Optimize your website for the search engines.
5. Create a Viral product that carries your name, website address as well as any relevant links to other products.
6. Exchange or trade links with other sites, especially those with a Google page rank - the higher ranking the better.
7. Organize advertising in a Pay Per Click service to send targeted traffic to your opt-in list sign-up page or your product.
The above methods are very briefly outlined here and are intended as a guide only. The more people that know what you are about, simply by word of mouth your existence is shared with others. You will find a loyal group of regulars that can provide you with more visitors by referral. One thing that is essential to continued success is to keep on generating the traffic, even after you have created a large list, a successful business is a hungry entity.
Taff Jones - trying to ease the frustration of newcomers to the Internet business world. Sign up for a 7 day Ecourse which will help find answers as to what is required to start a Business at:
Newbies Help E-course