Not long ago, I was the kind of person who couldn’t even imagine herself working from home. I was the type of person who had to be ‘out of the house’ or I’d go crazy. I had to be moving around and doing something. I never thought I’d end up working from home and actually like it, but I do.
Working at home, who wouldn’t want to do that? There are so many ways to make money working at home and starting your own business, not to mention all the advantages. Some of the wealthiest people in the world work for themselves. If you were like me and never imagined working from home, I’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 Advantages of Working at Home.
1. Spending more time with your family - When I was single and had no kids I never wanted to stay home. I always wanted to be out doing something. After I became a ‘Mom, ’ I really hated to leave my house each morning because it meant that I also had to leave the kids. I hated to see their eyes fill with tears as I would leave. I also didn’t want someone else to ‘raise them’ as I went to work each day. I wanted to be there for their ‘firsts’ in life; the first time they spoke or the first time they walked. I wanted to witness those things. So spending more time with my family and being there for them meant a lot to me and still does.
2. Set your own hours - Since you are your own boss, you get to say when you will work. No more having to dread that awful alarm clock. If you want to sleep in, you actually get to sleep in. If you want to play with the kids, have lunch with a friend, visit your family or even just sit and watch TV, you can. Just keep in mind that if you do too much of these things and don’t actually schedule in time to ‘work’ you may find yourself having to get back out there and work out of the house all over again. It all comes down to scheduling. Since it’s YOUR time, you make the schedule and decide what time you’ll start, take breaks and so forth. You can decide if you want to work days, nights or split shifts (which is what I do. )
3. You get to choose a job you enjoy – the beauty of working from home is finding something you enjoy doing so it doesn’t seem like actual work. Turning your hobby into a profitable business is a great idea, just make sure there’s a market for it.
4. You control your money – whatever money you make after expenses belongs to YOU. You can put it back in your business and make even more money (this is always best) or you can choose to spend it all. It’s up to you, just be smart about it and think about the future of your business.
5. No dress code – You do not have to wear a uniform, a shirt and tie, a dress, business suit or anything else that may be uncomfortable. If you want to work in your favorite pair of comfy jeans, in your sweats, in your shorts and tank top, in your pajamas or buck naked (although I wouldn’t recommend it) you actually could. Once again, YOU’RE THE BOSS.
6. No more commuting to and from work – If you’re like me and hated driving to and from work, this is going to be one of your favorite advantages. For me it meant no more driving in the rain or fog in the winter. It’s not that I don’t trust my driving, it’s the other knuckleheads out there that drive like maniacs. I’m just glad I don’t have to deal with that everyday anymore.
7. Save more money - You can actually save more money if you work from home than if you work away from home. In my case, I save ton of money on gas because I no longer have that long commute to and from work, not to mention the wear and tear on my vehicle. I also save on daycare because the kids are now home with me. I save money because I no longer have to eat out for lunch while at work.
8. Tax benefits - Home Based Businesses receive numerous tax advantages. I’m not an accountant (nor do I play one on TV), but I do know I get to write off a lot of things since I work out of my house. I get to write off things like: any start up costs, a portion of my rent or house payment, my computer, any supplies I buy for my business, telephone and electric bill, advertising and many more. Talk to your accountant or book keeper to see what you can write off. Believe me, the more write offs the more you will save on taxes.
9. Less Stress - Since you’re working from home you no longer have a boss telling you what you can and can’t do. Stress from other coworkers is now a thing of the past. Depending on what field you worked in, you no longer have deadlines, hard to please customers and the stress of not getting paid what you’re worth.
10. More Free Time – this goes hand in hand with things I’ve mentioned like not having to commute to and from work. Because you don’t have to commute (at least by car), you have more time to do things you enjoy, whether it’s spending more time with family and friends, playing golf, getting to actually make yourself breakfast instead of skipping it or eating on the run. So there is so much more free time. I actually know a guy who works at home and makes very good money. He spends most of his day playing his Xbox or watching DVD’s. In the morning he checks his emails, answers any questions from his customers and checks his stats from his websites. The rest of the day is his to do whatever he wants. How great is that?
Working from home really has changed my life. I get to take advantage of all the things I’ve mentioned above. Plus, my family life is happier. I’m now there for my family. I don’t have to answer to anyone. I can’t tell you how great that feels. If you are contemplating working from home, I do recommend it. Just don’t jump into it blindly. Make sure you take all the necessary steps to ensure your success or you’ll find yourself right back out there working away from your home.
To Your Success, Anna Allen
For more information on various ways to make money online go to: http://www.moneymakingresearch.com where you can find “honest" reviews on various ways to make money, or visit her blogs at: http://moneymakingresearch.blogspot.com and http://wannamakemoneyonline.blogspot.com.