For most of us, getting rid of belly fat is our key to attracting a more exciting lover - our passport to getting admiring looks from the desirable, and envious glares from those who still have too much belly fat and don't know how to get rid of it! We don't usually think about the health risks, and that the visceral fat surrounding our vital organs that produces the belly bulge is actually dangerous: it increases our risk of diabetes and heart disease. Here are five easy steps to help you in your goal of getting rid of belly fat.
1. Eat less saturated fat. Those who eat less of the fats found in full-fat dairy products and meats, especially red meats, generally have less visceral fat, and therefore less belly bulge. Ideally, cut out saturated fats altogether. You don't this kind of fat to survive.
2. Exercise daily. Exercise alone can eliminate unnecessary visceral fat, though it does need to be quite rigorous to achieve maximum results. However, any kind of exercise is better than none. Try to exercise at least three times a week for about 20 minutes a day. After a month or so, you'll be glad you did.
3. Burn off more calories than you take in. If you eat 6,000 calories a day, but only burn off 4,000 a day, you don't need to be an Einstein to figure out that you'll progressively get fatter! So, which diet should you follow? Well, that's up to you, but just cutting out saturated fat, sugary things, booze, etc - you know the type of stuff - will help enormously. Cut out the bad stuff and only eat the good stuff and you'll more than likely burn off your daily calorie intake at least.
4. Eat less. The Queen of England once said, “One should always leave the table feeling that one could have eaten a little bit more. " Despite the fancy way of talking, she's right. Don't eat until you can't eat another crumb, for by then it's too late. Stop when you've had enough for your body's needs - not for your greedy needs.
5. Get the right mental attitude. You'll never lose weight if you don't believe you can and will. Top sports athletes spend time visualizing themselves winning tournaments. They “see" their winning moment, they feel their moment of victory, and they “know" that they have secured their position at the top. Don't think it works? Well if it's good enough for top athletes…
Getting rid of belly fat is not easy for everyone. But you can do it if you really want to. Just eat less saturated fat (or none), exercise daily, take in less energy than you burn off, eat a little less than you normally would, and get in the mental state of a winner. One day soon a slimmer you will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.
John Coutts is an experienced author who writes on a variety of subjects. Did you find these tips on getting rid of belly fat useful? You can learn a lot more about getting rid of belly fat and cutting out excess weight from this resource http://www.reviewphase.com/belly/ .