Need to lose some weight fast? Recently I needed to lose about 7 pounds - including several pounds of ugly, flabby belly fat - in 5 days. I had a summer pool party coming up and I had been sick with a bad cold for several days. While I was sick I had eaten lots of junk and “comfort" foods. . . and gained a lot of weight!
Fortunately, I already had a “base" of muscle under my flab, so it was just a matter of shedding a few pounds and “toning up" in order to dramatically improve the way my body looked (and felt). Obviously, you're not going to be able to lose 10, or even 5, lbs of pure body fat in just 5 days. That's simply impossible. . . and don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
But you CAN reduce your weight by 5 to 10 pounds, lose some abdominal fat, tone up your muscles, and generally improve the way you look within a week or less. Basically, the tips outlined below can help you create the appearance of having lost up to 10 pounds, which can have a huge effect on the way you look and feel.
If, like me, you've been strength training and have that base of muscle underneath your fat, you're going to get better results. This is mainly because your metabolism will be naturally boosted due to having a significant amount of muscle tissue. But really anyone can use these tips to drop a few pounds quickly. Good luck!
Five Tips for Losing 5-10 Pounds in 5 Days
1. Do a 1-day lemon water/green tea fast. For one day, drink nothing but water with fresh lemon or lime juice squeezed into it and green tea. Don't eat or drink anything else. If you want to sweeten the water and tea, use a natural sugar-alternative such as stevia.
2. Start eating lots of raw veggies and lean proteins. After the 1-day fast, eat a diet based on raw veggies and lean proteins, such as grilled chicken breast. Get some healthy fat from raw nuts and seeds, fish, avocado, and extra virgin olive oil. One or two pieces of fresh, raw fruit (no bananas) per day is ok. One whey protein shake mixed with fresh fruit, consumed after workouts, is ok as well.
Eat nothing else during this time!
3. Drink at least a gallon of water per day. Drinking lots of pure water throughout the day will help to “detoxify" and flush your body. Believe it or not, drinking this much water per day will also help you get rid of a lot of “water weight, " which will help you lose a few pounds and look leaner.
4. Do 1 or 2 intense, full-body workouts. Combine full-body strength training “circuit" routines using medium weight with “HIIT"-style cardio workouts. Focus on compound movements that work multiple muscle groups at the same time, such as pushups, pullups, squats, and lunges. To tighten the abs do hanging leg raises and Swiss ball crunches.
Drink some green tea before exercise to boost energy and increase fat-burning. Be sure to consume a whey protein shake about half an hour after finishing.
5. Get a tan. A good tan, by itself, can make you look like you've lost 5 - 10 pounds. There's a reason why bodybuilders and fitness models are always tan for their shows and photo shoots. Use this simple fast weight loss “trick" to your advantage. One of the easiest and safest ways to tan is to use a good self-tanning product and to also spend a short amount of time (10-20 minutes max) in the sun each day.
Want to learn more about losing pounds in a fast and healthy way? Be sure to visit:
JC Morgan is a fitness expert and co-editor for the “Get Me Fit Fast!" blog. To learn more about fast, healthy weight loss techniques that work, be sure to visit http://fitfaster.blogspot.com today!