If you want to lose five pounds a week you need to eat less and exercise more. For couch potatoes there is no hope for you if you stay on the couch. If you want to lose five pounds a week, you just have to get up and get moving!
To lose five pounds per week you have to burn an extra 1,000 calories every single day. Here's how you can do it:
- If this is your 1st foray into the world of exercise, you may want to start by walking. Walking briskly for two and a half hours a day is an effective way to lose five pounds a week. This is best if done in three segments, perhaps1 hour in the morning, ½ hour at lunch and another 1 hour in the evening.
- If you have been even mildly active prior to now, you could delve right into more vigorous activities such as jogging, running, biking or trekking.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently. This keeps your metabolism raised and helps burn more calories.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Real studies have shown that lack of sleep slows the metabolism down significantly. Adequate sleep is essential for optimal weight loss.
- Drink at least a gallon of cold water every single day. When your body is dehydrated, your metabolism slows down. Cold water forces the body to work harder to maintain its normal temperature. This speeds up the metabolism, which helps you lose five pounds a week.
I'm sorry. Were you looking for “easy"? The truth is that losing weight this quickly is never easy. It will challenge you; but if you are up to the challenge, you can lose five pounds in a week and you will look and feel better for it too.
Vanessa Raven is a well-known weight loss consultant and the author of the popular FREE report:
"36 Potent Fat Burning Foods To Lose 10 Pounds In No Time Flat!"
Download your complimentary copy now at http://www.YouCanLose10Pounds.com and receive a FREE subscription to the “You Can Lose 10 Pounds" email newsletter!