Heart disease, including stroke and all types of cardiovascular disease, is the number one killer in the United States. Deaths among women from heart disease is at an all time record high. By taking care of your heart you can also lose weight and become more fit. Here are some things you should know about taking care of your heart, your most precious organ.
- Include more fish in your diet. Even if you do not like the taste of fish, find some type that you like well enough to eat at least twice each week. Fish is rich in omega oils and has been related to having a healthy heart.
- Avoid eating any saturated fats or trans fats. Even fast food restaurants are now eliminating these dangerous fats from the foods they prepare.
- Limit sugar and salt in your diet. These have also been associated with an increase in heart disease.
- Limit your alcohol intake. This is still controversial, but one drink a day is probably the most you should have.
- Include more whole grains, legumes (beans of all kinds), fresh fruits, and vegetables in your diet.
- Do not use tobacco of any kind.
- Learn more about heart disease and share this information with others.
If you need to lose weight, especially if it is thirty pounds or more, eating for a healthy heart can also help you to lose this weight more easily. By using a cleansing diet such as the master cleanse, you can lose weight while decreasing your risk of heart attack or stroke.
And now I invite you to find out more about losing weight and improving your heart's health by visiting http://www.FivePoundsAtATime.com and learn how you can lose weight easily while creating a healthy cardiovascular system.