Dieting is basically done to lose excess weight. But dieting actually is managing your diet so as to keep your body healthy and fit. Even people with underweight also go for dieting to manage their weight.
When you think of weight loss and losing weight the few initial things that probably come to your mind are either those “lose weight fast !” or “Guaranteed weight loss” articles that you see in every magazine, newspaper, websites or guaranteed by many fitness centers.
Weight loss is simple, burn more calories than you consume. If you can fully understand that, than you are on your way to losing weight.
There are six simple steps to a slimmer you
- Count how many calories you eat in a normal day. That’s right, wake up and eat like you would normally eat and count the calories in everything you eat and everything you drink and keep track of it on a piece of paper or on the computer somewhere.
- At the end of that day, add up the number of calories you ate/drink. Be as exact as possible.
- Starting the day after you counted calories; eat 500 calories LESS than you normally do. So, let’s pretend that the day you counted calories you counted 2000. For the rest of the week, you would eat 1500 calories a day.
- Instead of eating three big meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), or eating all day all the time, spread those calories out over five smaller meals. Eat one meal every two and a half to three hours. By doing this you can speed up your metabolism.
- Cardiology workouts is an important part of weight loss. If you are serious about losing weight, but don’t want to do the cardiology workouts, then you are requiring your diet to do all of the work. Jog, walk, swim, jump rope, ride a bike, take an aerobics class, whatever……cardiology workouts + proper diet = better than just doing one of the two.
- At the end of that week, weigh yourself. You’ll notice a difference just after one week! Now, don’t expect to see a 20 pound difference. But if you have a LOT of weight to lose, you can lose it.
But very few people who are on dieting know what is the safe and effective way to go for dieting, when should they do dieting, what can be the side effects of their dieting program, whom should they consult and what should they do before and while on dieting
It is advisable that one should have proper knowledge of various dieting programs and dieting tips they follow. In the process of dieting the most important consideration should be on the diet. The diet should be taken in a way so that rather than adding up calories it should add nutritional content to the body.
So if you are on dieting or planning to go for any dieting program first make yourself aware of various types of diets, low carb diets, healthful diets, side effects of ineffective dieting programs, effective and safe weight loss programs.
Author is running a health information site peoples-health.com where information on several diseases like allergies, blood disorders, cancer, children’s health, digestive disorder, liver diseases etc. and tips on dieting, nutrition and improving lifestyle has been provided. Find some useful articles on dieting here- Dieting