Holidays are fun and full of adventure. Particularly those, that involves trekking, climbing, hiking and other thrilling activities. They give you that much needed head rush and physical exercise that, even the best of physical trainers cannot provide.
However on the flipside, they also cause a lot of damage to the face, hair and body, owing largely to the harsh sun, rocky edges, uneven grounds, thorny trails and stony paths.
This article is a comprehensive after care guide on what should be done, after returning from a trekking holiday to ensure that you are healthy and fit to resume daily activities soon after.
1. Visit a Doctor- In all possibility you will end up scratching or bruising yourself while hiking or trekking, particularly in the mountains or forests. The first thing to do when you are back from your holiday is visit a doctor to check for internal injuries. While first aid would have been extended to you on the trip itself, make sure you see the doctor to check for deeper wounds and fractures or to estimate the healing process of bruises and to understand the aftercare required.
2. Hair Spa- Long hours in the sun, hard water and limited hair care products will ruin your hair texture. Get back and schedule an appointment with your hair stylist to ensure that the hair gets back its lost nourishment with a hot oil massage or a hair spa treatment.
3. Pedicure and foot massage- Your feet will be the worst hit. Shoe bites, corns, cracked heels and peeling skin are just a few of the problems you can expect after a hiking holiday. Get a pedicure and foot massage to treat your feet and set them on the road to recovery. Even though bruises and cracks will take a few days to heal, a pedicure will ensure no further damage is done and all dead skin is taken care of.
4. Facial treatments- Your facial skin will be relatively damaged and no amount of sun block will protect it from tanning and subsequent dullness. Visit a skin care specialist and opt for a Microdermabrasion treatment to get the freshness and glow back. This non surgical cosmetic treatment will not only exfoliate your skin but also help to reduce scars, sun damage and wrinkle lines. It is an easy and painless skin rejuvenation process that suits almost anybody.
5. Body Massage- You might not realise it while on the holiday but after you are back, your body will be aching and hurting from all the strenuous physical activity. Get a full body massage to soothe your muscles and nerves. This will help in physical recovery of the body and will also rid you of any remaining mental stress that wasn’t already done away with on holiday.
6. Get ample rest- Trekking holidays usually involve waking up early and long hours of physical exercise leading to exertion and sleep deprivation. Once you are back, make sure to get enough rest so that your body muscles can recover and get ready for the next set of activities like resuming office work or household chores.
7. Drink plenty of fluids- While on holiday, your water and food intake will be unwillingly yet drastically reduced and restricted. It is thus important that you make up for the lost body salts and water by consuming fluids with electrolytes and plenty of water. This will also help you to rehydrate your body and regulate the digestive process which would have otherwise gone haywire.
After care is equally essential, if not more as precaution when going on an adventure sports based holiday. Simple steps like massages, ample sleep and rest and drinking plenty of water are very important to lead the body to healthy recovery.
Click here for more information about Skin Care Vancouver .