Whether you are male of female the worst thing that can happen to you is that you wake up in the morning, looking forward to your day, to suddenly realise that you have the biggest spot in the world on your face!
And the worst thing is, it is so big that people are going to see it before they are going to see you!
So how do you get rid of that monster spot that is on your face safely and quickly? Follow these essential steps to find out how:
1. No matter how tempted you may be never ever pick or squeeze that spot of yours. This will only cause it to become more inflamed, red and sore, plus your eyes will water as a result. You also run the risk of causing any bacteria to spread and if the spot does erupt then you run the risk of causing some permanent damage to your skin.
2. If you are at home, you can apply a cold ice pack to the spot as this will help to reduce the swelling. You can also benefit from washing your skin with cold water as this to will help with the swelling and you will also be helping to tighten your skin and reduce any enlarged pores that you may have.
3. Now here is something that even some men will do and that is to apply make up. Why not? It will take away the attention of having something that is bright red on your face, and actually it is not a bad idea, because it actually helps to dry the spot out too, so helping with the removal of the spot.
4. Do not over wash your face as this can lead to problems also. Washing or cleansing your skin twice a day is more than enough. Try to use products that are designed for treating spots and preferably that are not chemical based. If you can get hold of something that is organic based then that will be better as there will be less chance of any potential side effects.
5. One of the most common creams for treating spots is that of Proactiv and the active ingredient is benzyl peroxide. This can be obtained from any chemist, but if you are having problems locating it, just ask your doctor or simply go online. You need to be aware that this may not be ideal if you have very sensitive skin and can even cause the skin to become dry.
6. In all cases wear you do need to apply make up to the skin make sure that you use something that is water based as opposed to wearing makeup that is mineral based. The difference is that water based products are unlikely to contribute to the pores of the skin becoming clogged with debris which is one of the reasons for spots developing in the first place. Always remember to remove your makeup before you go to sleep.
7. And finally if you feel that you need a real quick fix, then you may want to consider applying a small amount of toothpaste to the spot. The cool effect will help to reduce the redness and any swelling. You can also apply lemon juice which is a great natural antiseptic in order to help get rid of the spot also.
If you follow the above steps then you ought to notice a difference to your skin quite quickly rather than having to wait potentially several weeks. But if you are persistently being bombarded with spots then it might be worth that you seek professional advice from your doctor.