Dry skin around the eyes is one of the most difficult areas to heal. Many products are too harsh to use in the eye area. But, dry skin beneath the eyes continues to be a problem for many people. To help solve this problem, there are a number of ways to combat it.
1. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do for your skin. Not drinking enough water can lead to dry skin and other skin problems. Eight glasses each day is a good guideline, but drinking throughout the day and not allowing yourself to become thirsty is a better way to judge how much you need to drink.
2. Use skin products that contain babassu. This natural substance soothes dry skin around the eyes and makes the skin softer. Babassu is found in high-quality skin care products because it delivers moisture to dry skin beneath the eyes without leaving an oily film behind. What is left behind is a barrier that keeps the moisture in the skin and keeps out substances that will irritate and pollute it.
3. Don't drink alcohol or caffeine. Both of these substances cause water to be expelled from the body, which can lead to dehydration. Both substances cause moisture to be pulled from the skin, as well as from the rest of the body, making the skin look less than radiant. A healthy diet that contains neither of these items will result in more radiant skin.
4. Use a smooth-textured surface when washing the face. The skin, and particularly the area around the eyes, can be irritated by a rough towel. A washcloth is generally too rough for the eye area. Dry skin around the eyes will likely be made worse with irritation from a rough surface.
5. Use a moderate water temperature on the skin. Water that is at a very high temperature can aggravate the skin and cause it to lose some of its moisture. Use water that is closer to your own body temperature in order to keep the skin from expelling its own moisture in an attempt to stay cool.
6. Wash the skin with a cleanser that is not soap based. Soap will strip moisture from the skin. It can create dry, rough patches of skin and make dry skin around the eyes worse. For a more radiant complexion, use a gentler cleanser.
7. For radiant skin, use a skin care product that contains Shea butter. When used on the dry skin beneath the eyes, this ingredient naturally moisturizes the skin and leaves it looking and feeling soft, smooth and radiant.
Dry skin around the eyes can be a serious skin problem. Not only is it noticeable to others, it can also be itchy and uncomfortable. Treating dry skin beneath the eyes can be difficult because of the delicate nature of this skin. But, by following these seven tips, the skin will start looking and feeling more radiant.
Maricha Jordan is an avid proponent of natural skincare health and a dedicated researcher of skincare products. She shares her research on her website http://healthy-body-healthy-skin.com - If you have unwanted wrinkles, fine lines and damaged skin, visit http://healthy-body-healthy-skin.com now to learn about the skin care line Maricha personally recommends.