Are you one of the many thousands and thousands who have panic attacks? This short article will reveal 3 do's and don'ts on how to treat panic attacks.
The 3 Do's
1. Get plenty of rest. Have at least 8 hours of shut eye. Stress is a major contributing factor to panic attacks and sleep is natures way to recharge and let go of stress. If possible, try to grab some time to yourself during the day, especially if work is causing you stress. You could even consider a change of career if your current one will never make you happy.
2. Try to cut down on caffeine and sugar. Stimulants in your food and beverages will only make your stress worse. They tend to stimulate your brain - so if you can reduce or remove them then chances are good you will experience less panic attacks.
3. Partake in relaxing activities. Go outside more, and enjoy nature. Make it a priority that you do something daily which soothes you. It might be qigong or tai chi, or sitting on the beach reading a good book.
The 3 Don'ts
1. Don't spend you time thinking and focusing on your previous panic attacks, or of perceived future episodes you imagine might be. Just as people tend to be careful of what they eat, you should be mindful of what you think.
2. Don't ever criticize yourself or beat yourself up for the way that you feel. Know that you will be alright and that this “thing" you have can be gotten rid of and that you will in your own time.
3. Most importantly, don't think for second that panic attacks is something you simply must learn to live with. It is not. There are some very effective treatments out which can significantly reduce and even remove all traces of panic attacks.
I personally tried a revolutionary technique along with hundreds of others (maybe thousands) which was very simple, but most importantly it worked. So even though it can seem hopeless at times, you CAN overcome your panic attacks.
To learn more about this method and how to treat panic attacks - along with more information, tips and tricks, visit my free website . Good luck!