Are you health conscious??? If you have a better idea to reduce high blood pressure, let us know, your views and comments will be appreciated. High blood pressure, commonly known as Hypertension/arterial hypertension is a state of body in which blood pressure in your body is chronically increased. In this techno world, hypertension is the most common disease, people are becoming careless and life has become so fast that very few of us are truly health conscious. With digitization of world, moving towards automation from manual systems, fast food has become way of life. Truth is that today we are not able to intake fresh food - vegetables and fruits that we consume all have high concentration of chemicals and pesticides that indirectly affect our health. But in case you are unaware about blood pressure then this is the right time to have a better understanding about blood pressure. Blood pressure also known as vascular pressure relates to the force applied by circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels. In medical terms, it can be defined as the force of the blood pushing against the walls of the arteries.
The important factor to note is that every time your heart beats, it impels out blood into the arteries. The heart which acts as a vital muscular pump applies the pressure to circulate the blood throughout the body. The blood vessels called arteries have resilient walls and so provide some resistance during the flow of blood. Thus, there is pressure in the system, even between heartbeats. Blood pressure alters during the day and it gets lower when you sleep and rises when you get up. It may rise when you are excited or tensed.
Now, blood pressure is calculated in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) and BP reading below 120/80 mmHg is considered normal. However, BP of 140/90 mmHg or higher is measured arterial hypertension and commonly known as “Silent Killer". Any individual with arterial hypertension can be very dangerous and is one of major risk factors for Stroke, Heart Attack or Kidney Damage. Moreover, hypertension is the next major threat for congestive heart failure. In congestive heart failure the pumping power of heart gets lowered, beating gets harder and harder and as a result heart losses its ability to pump sufficient blood to meet up the body's requirements. In addition to this high BP can also lead to burst of eyes blood vessels. Therefore it becomes very important to control high BP.
The frequency of people suffering from high BP increases naturally with age and can be often related to lifestyle habits. Ayurvedic health care acts as antihypertensive for maintaining pressure of blood in your body. These days most doctors advise patients to re-establish your BP 80/120 level by making changes in lifestyle. Some of the natural and effective ways to bring down rising pressure of blood are:
1. Reduce salt intake: Now it is very important to understand that high consumption of salt is directly linked to high blood pressure. Commit yourself to consume not more than 2,000 milligrams of sodium per day, which estimates around 1 teaspoon of salt. You can lower your sodium intake by eating less processed and fast foods.
2. Quit smoking: The nicotine in cigarettes makes your blood vessels to compress and heart to beat faster, which automatically results in raising your blood pressure. If you are a smoker then make sure to quit smoking. By quitting you can keep your blood pressure in line and this in turn helps in reducing the threat of cardiovascular disease.
3. Reduce your extra body weight: Make sure your body weight does not exceed; it should be proportionate to your height. As per recent studies it has been proved that high blood pressure has a direct link to overweight. The more weight you have, higher is the chance of having high blood pressure. Keeping weight off is one of the most vital tactics for calculating blood pressure. Even losing a pound in a week can be a noteworthy step in the right direction.
4. Limit alcohol consumption: This is one of the most important ways to reduce high blood pressure. It is important to understand; in case of healthy people alcohol does not cause hypertension while in some it does not. If you drink alcohol try to have limited consumption 1 or 2 drinks per day. If your blood pressure rises with alcohol, it is better to avoid drinking alcohol.
5. Do exercise regularly: Regular exercise helps in lowering your blood pressure. It further helps in lowering cholesterol, and stress management. Perform any activity that you enjoy like walking, jogging, or swimming. Initially start your work-out slowly and then work your way up to 30-60 minute sessions of moderate exercise each week. Then, slowly begin aerobic exercise into your daily life; increase the time and intensity at a speed and try for at least 30-minute workout in most days of the week.
According to recent studies the ratio of high blood pressure is increasing day by day and because it does not show any symptoms most of the nearly don't know they have high blood pressure. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to various disease so have proper medical check up and normal blood pressure to live a healthy life. Healthy lifestyle is key of maintain your blood pressure, give away your tension.
The author is an aspirant writer on Yoga, Meditation and Health, Ayurveda health care. To buy books online on effective ways to reduce high blood pressure, best seller books on different ways to reduce blood pressure , Ayurveda, yoga & meditation log on to online book store, online Indian books on Meditation, yoga and health treatment store.