Health begins at home, right at the kitchen. Good, homemade food is a great fuel that our body needs and when it is strengthened with the power of olive cooking oil; its benefits surpass all kinds of supplements you can think of. Olive oil is an amazing cooking medium that mothers swear by and use it wisely in a variety of dishes to make the food healthy as well as nutritious. Food needs to be an energy provider, but if you feel sluggish after eating, then there is something wrong with your diet. One of the main culprits of fall in energy after eating food is wrong choice of cooking medium. Here is how olive oil cooking can make the food better for our fitness.
- Heart-friendly cooking medium: Oils are considered bad for cardiac health as these are made of bad fats. But, olive oil for cooking is an exception because it carries good fats unlike other oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids in abundance which is considered useful in lowering the levels of cholesterol. Reduced cholesterol is certainly safe and quite friendly to heart. Thus, to reduce the chances of health problems from occurring, one should prefer olive oil amongst others.
- Best cooking oil for bone health: Olive oil is the best cooking oil for health of bones as it maintains optimal levels of calcium in the blood. The correct calcium levels reduce the chances of osteoporosis, a major issue that is prime concern for body health. Thus, to keep the bone health better till late in life, it is better to switch to healthy cooking oil option such as olive oil. Another bone issue rheumatoid arthritis can also be tackled wisely without depending on harmful painkillers and steroids, just by using olive oil as this oil inhibits the growth of inflammation causing enzymes.
- Olive oil promotes good mental health: Cognitive decline is one of the prime indicators of old age. One of the main olive oil for cooking benefits is that it reduces the possibility of mental illness; it is found beneficial for preventing onset of diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Olive oil prevents cancerous growths: Olive oil is found packed with anti-oxidants. These anti-oxidants prevent the occurrence of free radicals which are responsible for various negative reactions such as damage of DNA, injury in blood vessels etc that ultimately make body prone to conditions like myeloma and other dreaded diseases. Thus, olive oil is considered beneficial for better health and helps keep fatal diseases at bay.
- Olive oil reduces risk of type 2 diabetes: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) that is considered good for health as well as metabolism. Since good metabolism is essential for preventing type 2 diabetes, the olive oil use is advised to those who are at high risk of diabetes. Thus, just by using olive oil for cooking and with exercising daily, it is possible not to fall prey to type 2 diabetes.
So, make your life easier and happier with olive oil as happy mind lives in healthy body, and this oil helps achieve both.