Leucoderma is a skin condition which causes loss of pigmentation in several localized areas of the skin and is also called vitiligo. The condition manifests as patches of discolored skin usually on the feet, face, lips, hands and arms. There are several ways to treat leucoderma; this article lists some of the herbal treatments for the skin condition.
1. Ground radish seeds, around 25 grams, into a powder and make a fine paste by combining it with 2 tsp vinegar. This paste can be applied to the affected area. Wash it off once it has dried.
2. Soak turmeric, 500 grams, in 8 liters of water. Boil the water till it reduces to a liter. Add mustard oil, about a half liter, to the strained water. Apply the mixture on the patches twice a day. Continue the treatment for 2-3 months.
Vitiligo3. Take some psoralea seeds and soak it in ginger juice. Let it soak for 3 days. Then dry and grind the seeds making a fine powder. You can take this powder with milk, a gram of powder for each glass. The treatment must be followed for a month. The powder can be applied to the patches as well.
Take ginger and red clay in equal parts and mix. Apply the mixture directly on the patches and wash off the mixture when dry.
5. Soak tamarind seeds and psoralea in water for around 3-4 days. Dry and grind them together to make a paste. Apply the paste to the patch daily.
6. The juice of Goosefoot vegetable can be applied to the patches on the skin. This should be done just once daily for 2 whole months.
7. Leave drinking water in a copper vessel overnight. Consume the water every morning when your stomach is empty.
8. Combine cucumber juice and alfalfa, 100 gm each, and consume the mixture twice daily, in the morning and then in the evening.
9. Grind a handful of pomegranate leaves that are dry into powder. Take 8 grams of this powder in the morning and evening along with a full glass of water.
10. Make a paste with ground black gram and water. Apply the paste to the skin wherever it is affected and wash it off when dry. Continue the treatment for 4-5 months.
11. Raw basil leaves or a decoction made from Tulsi or Holy basil leaves and water can effectively treat white patches.
12. Increase the intake of figs and walnuts. The walnuts purify blood and the figs have a number of healing properties that can treat leucoderma.
The person suffering from leucoderma must maintain a well-balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains. They can try fasting, drinking only juice, at regular.