A boil is a red, swollen, painful bump under the skin. Boil or furuncle is a skin disease caused by the inflammation of hair follicles , thus resulting in the localized accumulation of pus and dead tissues. Individual boils can bunch together and form an interconnected network of boils called carbuncles . In severe cases, boils may develop to form abscesses . Boils are usually caused by a bacteria named Staphylococcus Aureus which are normally found on the skin surface. Furuncles may occur in the hair follicles anywhere on the body, but they are most common on the face, neck, armpit, buttocks, and thighs. Sometimes boils occur in clusters called carbuncles. Although anyone can develop boils and carbuncles, people who have diabetes, a suppressed immune system, or acne or other skin problems are at increased risk. You can usually care for a single boil at home, but don't attempt to lance or squeeze it that may spread the infection. Call your doctor if a boil or carbuncle is extremely painful, lasts longer than two weeks or occurs with a fever. In that case, you may need antibiotics or surgical drainage to clear the infection of boils and carbuncles.
A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with infection-fighting white blood cells. This collection of white cells is known as pus. Eventually, this pus “forms a head, " which in due course will drain. They affect people of all ages. Treatment for boils in the groin area is very important. If left untreated, a boil can spread and/or become infected . If it becomes infected, antibiotics are necessary. Fortunately, there is a very safe and effective cure for boils groin. It disinfects the area of the boil, prevents the infection from spreading, and helps to speed up the healing process. For information on how to best treat boils in the groin area, follow this link to Bexatrol.
Home Remedies to Cure Boils
1. Apply the juice of onion or garlic on the boils, as it helps in evacuating the pus.
2. Milk cream is considered valuable in the treatment of boils. Take 1 tsp of milk cream and add ½ tsp vinegar and a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Apply it on the blood filled boils.
3. For boils filled with blood, bitter gourd acts as the perfect boils home remedy treatment. Take 1 cup juice of bitter gourd and add 1 tsp limejuice to it. Consume this mixture empty stomach in the morning on a daily basis for a couple of months and see the magical results.
4. Apply a poultice of crushed fenugreek seeds which have been boiled in water for 10 minutes to treat boil.
5. Another effective remedy for boil treatment is to take equal quantities of honey, fresh lemon Juice, fresh orange juice and cod liver oil mixed and taken three times a day is an excellent tonic when You are feeling tired and run down.
6. One teaspoon of milk cream, mixed with half a teaspoon of vinegar, and a pinch of turmeric powder, makes an excellent poultice. It helps in ripening the blood boils and in their healing without allowing them to become septic.
7. Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils.
8. Neem heads the list in herbal cures for boils. Grind fresh tender leaves to a fine paste and apply daily on the boil.
Juliet Cohen writes articles for free home remedies . He also writes articles for vitamins world and herbal medicines .