Sunglasses are used to protect the eye from direct sunlight mostly in summer, ultraviolet light that can lead to cataracts due to high exposure, protecting the eye from a lot wind and also protecting the eyes from pebbles that are light and easily carried by wind. No matter how careful you are, the lenses of sunglasses can break. Replacing the sunglasses may be expensive especially if they are designer sunglasses which are considered as fashion statements but replacing only the broken or lost lenses is cheaper.
Sunglasses are made of glass or plastic depending on the designer or its purpose, with the introduction of online sunglasses stores, it has become easy and cheap to purchase and replace broken and lost lenses. All you need is to do is use your favorite search engine and search for these internet shops, compare the different prices available and choose the right shop for you. The good thing is that these ships provide shipping and the products will delivered to you while still intact. The most interesting thing about shopping online shops is that yo8 will get the best deals since most of the shops offer very pocket friendly so as to attract more customers due to the stiff competition online.
After purchasing your replacement these are the steps that you will follow;
- Ensure that your replacement is of the same size and shape as your sunglasses’ frame, even though you do this when shopping when you state your size, you need to ensure that it is of the same size and shape as an error can occur and you are sent the wrong package.
- Prepare your sunglasses for replacement, grasp it with you’re the front view facing you with the ear piece facing away from you.
- If the broken glass or plastic is still intact grasp it gently so as to remove the remaining piece, if it’s not intact you can skip this step.
- While still holding it, remove the remaining piece so as to create space for your replacement.
- With your eyepiece facing you, insert your replacement from the inside of your sunglasses. Press it without applying much pressure until it pops into place.
- Press the sunglasses around the frames surrounding the glass or plastic to ensure that it holds and stays firmly into place.
Sometimes a doctor may prescribe sunglasses (solbriller is the term used here in Denmark)for you, if so, make sure that you order and purchase lenses (or brilleglas in Danish) according to your doctor’s prescription. These steps can be performed at home by just reading and following these instructions. You need the services of a specialist that will require some fee or purchasing new sunglasses that will require extra cash. In these harsh economic times you need to be smart enough and device means and ways of saving extra cash so that you can enjoy all the things and products that you used to without sacrificing or removing some of the items from your budget. Be smart. Save extra cash.