Working out your abdominals can prove a trying experience for many. In my experience, this can stem from some bad memories of attempts you've made in the past. But the fact of the matter is, if you feel that burn in your stomach that means your workout is working! You'll find if you keep persisting with your workouts, you will begin to see results very quickly.
The other hurdle people collapse at is they do the wrong exercises, or, more commonly, the right exercises the wrong way. Being informed is your number one weapon in getting those dream abs you're after.
Here are some exercises I have found highly effective:
Bicycle Ab Exercise
This exercise isn't considered one of the most affective ab exercise for no reason. It's absolutely ideal as it targets the abdominals and the obliques. This is done by twisting as you raise to cover a wider area. If done correctly, you should really feel it after this one.
To do a Bicycle Ab Exercise:
1. Lie on your back with your hands behind your head and legs raised and straight.
2. Bend your left knee and move it towards your chest while lifting your right elbow up to connect with your left knee. Please don't pull on the neck during this process.
3. Straighten your left leg then repeat with the right leg and left arm.
4. Continue with both legs airborne for 15 reps or about a minute.
This one more targets the lower abs but it does it in a very effective way. Done correctly, this exercise will do wonders for your abs and will set you on the fast track to your goal.
To do a Reverse Crunch:
1. Lie on your back with your legs perpendicular to the ground. Rest your arms alongside your body on the ground.
2. With your knees bent, slowly raise them bringing them towards your chest.
3. Contract your abs to get your hips off the floor and reach the legs towards the ceiling.
4. Restart and repeat for 15 reps.
The good news is, if you do these exercises correctly, there is no need to buy all that expensive equipment you see on TV all the time. Follow the steps, and be persistent, and you'll be rewarded.
There are many abdominal exercises out there that can assist you in getting the abdominals you want. Check out my website Health and Fitness with Motivation for more.