Often termed as “buzzing ear”, this condition is medically known as tinnitus. A person is said to have tinnitus if he or she of often hear noises even when there is no outside cause for that noise or even when no external noise is present. Aside from hearing buzzing sounds, people suffering from tinnitus also commonly hear other sounds such as clicking, ringing, whistling, waterfall-like sounds, roaring, hissing, and a lot more. If you have tinnitus, your buzzing ear can strike anytime of the day, regardless of what you are doing.
Here are some essential tips to follow to stop buzzing ear:
1. If you are suffering from tinnitus, the very first thing to do is to visit your doctor so that you can undergo a thorough or complete physical examination. It may be rare but this condition may be a symptom of other medical or health problems like tumor, aneurysm, head or neck injury, or narrowing of the carotid artery. You shouldn’t be afraid though because the above-mentioned cases are very rare although possible. If you often hear any of the previously stated sounds, the diagnosis of something as severe as the conditions stated is still very rare.
2. Buzzing ear is often caused by being exposed to extremely loud noises and sounds. According to The American Tinnitus Association and The National Association for the Deaf, it is important for people suffering from tinnitus to always protect their ears from further damage. This is possible through the use of ear protection devices such as ear plugs and keeping their music soft.
3. Tinnitus is one of the most common side effects of many different kinds of drugs and medications. Thus, it is very important that you open up with your doctor whatever medication or pill you take on a daily basis even though they seem to be unimportant. For example, taking too many aspirins have been classified as a potential cause of tinnitus.
4. Drinking alcohol and being stressed are also considered as major causes of buzzing ear. Thus, it is of paramount importance to reduce or stop consumption of alcoholic beverages. It’s not easy to become stress-free especially if alcohol consumption is one of your ways to stay calm. However, if you want to stop your sufferings, you need to find other ways to keep yourself calm.
5. You can also try using CDs of soothing and relaxing sounds. These CD maskers can greatly help in making the tinnitus sufferer divert his or her attention from the noise and sounds caused by tinnitus.
6. Finally, don’t feel bad about yourself because this will only aggravate your condition. There are many people suffering from buzzing ear. You are not alone, so don’t despair. Just keep in mind that when looking for ways to treat your condition, it is important that you use reputable sources. It also helps to learn from other Tinnitus sufferers as they sure do know what to do and the can surely help you get rid of this annoying condition.
As you can see, there are effective ways to stop tinnitus. Follow the tips mentioned here and you’ll surely end your buzzing ear condition soon.