The superbug Staphlococus Aureus, a strain of MRSA, was implicated in 485 more deaths. Experts say the figures are just the tip of the iceberg because superbug deaths are not recorded properly.
Campaigners say hundreds of pensioners are dying in care homes but it is not mentioned on their death certificates
You would think that people that go down the gym are healthy and would not have to worry but, Germs can lurk on any surface, from exercise equipment to water fountain. Her are some tips.
1. Cover any breaks in the skin
2. Don't go barefoot
3. Clean exercise equipment before and after you use it with disposable wipes.
4. Use a fresh towel of your own, some gym have been known to dry out dirty towels and reuse when they run low.
Nursing homes are expected to follow the same infection control rules as hospitals - washing hands, keeping bed linen clean and ensuring food is prepared in hygienic conditions.
- Wash and dry your hands before and after visiting
- Think about keeping patients safe before you visit someone
- Don't sit on their bed
- If you think the home is not as clean as they should be get it sorted by tell who is reasonable and if it does not then get involved yourself. After all it's your family heath at risk so what it to you to do a little cleaning for them?
We all take basic hygiene for granted these days but its one of those things in life that you just can't and you need to keep standards up.
Just like food hygiene reasonability for health hygiene should be law, but that's not the case at the moment, so we just have to do what we can until the people reasonable start to do what they get paid to do.
About the Author
Ian Harper owns and operates a carpet cleaning company, http://www.carpet-upholstery-cleaner.com which specialises in the Bio and Eco friendly cleaning of carpets, and soft furnishings, using the most up-to-date efficient methods and micro-splitting, detergent-free, bleach-free solutions. You can learn more about these technologies by visiting the website for his Carpet Cleaners Network . also he gives marketing and start up advise on his forum and blog http://www.pro-forum.carpet-upholstery-cleaner.com/ his latest project is Wikiclean a wiki for cleaning