Postpartum depression sucks. You think you should be happy because of this new wonderful baby you have, yet you're not. It's ok, it's not your fault. Here are some quick and highly effective ways to get rid of depression.
- You need exposure to sun everyday. Don't overdo it and act like you're trying to get a tan, but you do need sunlight for about 20 minutes each day. Take a walk with the baby. Perfect. That leads me to the next way to get rid of depression.
- Exercise. . . yes, you need to exercise. Yeah, you're depressed and don't want to do it. Yes, you're busy with your beautiful baby. But hey, exercise helps normalize your hormone levels and gets you on to losing the baby weight that you gained during pregnancy. So you get a 2 for 1 deal by exercising. And, it doesn't have to be anything major. Just go for a walk.
- Take St. John's Wort. Let me be honest, this stuff is crazy. You get some very lucid and vivid dreams from taking this stuff. But that's proof it's working. It's stimulating the neurotransmitters in your brain. It starts to work really good after taking it for 3 weeks. It's a brain supplement that promotes a “feel good" mood.
- Omega 3 Healthy Fats. Think fish oil pills. I can't say enough good things about fish oil pills. Get some. Yesterday! They're that important. Ok, I'll forgive you for not getting them yesterday. But don't waste time, go get them as soon as possible. You'll be thankful you did. . . and not just for the depression.
- Folate. You can get this from green leafy vegetables.
So there you have it. 5 cheap and easy ways to help alleviate your postpartum depression. All of these tips above also help with different kinds of depression. So if you have any kind of depression, including from weight loss. . . follow those 5 tips or just pick out 1 and use it.
Jennifer Jolan is a popular weight loss consultant and author of the best selling “Ultimate Diet Guide" ebook. She has helped over 3,700 women with her intensive 1 on 1 email coaching. Click http://www.weightlossguide4women.com for your free 19-page report, “How Spinning Around in a Circle Like a 4-year old Child will Skyrocket your Weight Loss Success". Strange, but true!
You have permission to publish this article in your web sites, ezines or electronic publication, as long as the piece is used in its entirety including the resource box, all hyperlinks (HTML clickable) and references and copyright info.