Loneliness and depression can result from a variety of situations that occur throughout a person's life. Much of the time they are based on things that happen to everyone but are handled differently by some people. Here are some things that can cause feelings of loneliness and depression:
- Loss of a close friend or family member. When someone close to us passes away it may be years before we are completely able to deal with it. Especially if the person died at a young age or unexpectedly, this type of loss may leave you feeling a great sadness and sense of loss.
- Loss of a job. Even if you did not enjoy your job, losing it can hurt psychologically and financially, leaving you feeling depressed and hopeless.
- Suffering with a debilitating illness or injury. When we don't feel well it is difficult to think about anything else. Focusing on an injury or an illness can lead to feelings of despair.
- Loss of a relationship. Whether it is a divorce or the loss of a close and long-time friend, losing a relationship may make you feel hurt and unhappy.
- Changes within your own body. This can refer to hormonal changes or other naturally occurring changes in the human body. These changes can sometimes be confusing and leave us feeling sad or anxious for no apparent reason.
The road to feeling better can be a long one, but it does not have to be if you are willing to do some work to hasten the process. Try focusing on what you do have in your life and be grateful and happy about that. Also, helping others who are less fortunate can be a way to change your emotions. Remembering the good and slowly allowing the bad to move away from your daily thinking will soon have you on the road to contentment and happiness.
Find out more about how you can feel joy and passion in your life by visiting http://www.ReinventYourLifeWithPassion.com