Sweet and healthy smile is big compliment to your personality and great asset for you so healthy teeth can help you to have healthy smile on your face. To keep your smile permanent and attractive regular dental visits are important.
Even the experts suggests that health of your mouth reflects the condition of your body as a whole by examining dental health dentist can even tell whether you are at the risk of chronic disease or not. It means healthy mouth reflects overall good health while poor oral health can be sign of other health problems
According to the experts good oral health can prevent various diseases so dental care is of utmost important
Health Complication Related To Gum Diseases
It has been observed that periodontal diseases and health complications are interrelated to each other such as problem of stroke and heart disease is linked to gum problems. Even studies have proved that women with gum disease have higher chances of pre-term and low birth weight babies
Research works also reveal that 90% of systematic diseases have dental manifestations which include mouth ulcers, swollen gums dry mouth and excessive gum problems. These systematic diseases are as follows
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Oral cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
People that do not care for oral health can be at the risk of following problems
- Oral and facial pain
Poor oral health may lead to painful conditions. Generally the gum infection can lead to other problems like tooth loss if the infection occur in the gum that supports the tooth. Even studies have shown that 75% people are suffering from the gum disease and lead to the oral and facial pain.
- heart and other major organs’ problems
poor oral health leads to some serious health problems including the diseases of heart and other major organs. If the person has mouth infections then heart and heart valves become inflamed due to the bacterial endocarditic means infections. This condition can affect the heart tissue of the person with heart problem.
- Digestion problems
Digestion problem start from the mouth with other physical and chemical processes so poor oral healthy can lead to intestinal failure and digestive disorders
What To Do For Good Oral Health
- Regular dentist visits can keep oral health at top as your dentists keep watch for any potential problems related to teeth and mouth that can lead to other health conditions.
- Dental exam can also be a good way to deduct poor nutrition and hygiene, growth and development issues of gums and even jaw alignment.
- Other than this you can practice good oral hygiene at home with following tips
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste for minimum 2 minutes
- Daily floss add into your routine after brush
- Take necessary nutrients in your diet that can prevent gum diseases
- Avoid cigarette and tobacco
- Do not forget to talk to your dentists for even minor problems
While visiting dental clinic in India feel free to discuss complete medical history and any health condition even if it is not related to oral health