Olive oil has been known to show several beauty benefits like olive oil skin care, Olive oil for face, Olive hair oil most of which are long lasting and without any side effects. So let us have quick look at some unexpected beauty secrets of olive oil.
It would not be wrong to say that olive oil is the secret ingredient of many a DIY beauty pack. In fact the success of most beauty packs depends on the amount of olive oil used. It is not only useful for the face, it is also extremely beneficial for the hair, nails and even skin. Its uses are so numerous and so appropriate that today olive oil is being commercially sold in the form of hair and massage oils, ointments, face packs etc.
Some beauty benefits
Olive oil can be used in a number of ways to get quite unexpected but absolutely stunning results like:
- Pre-shampoo treatment: Olive hair oil is first warmed up and then generously massaged into the scalp and applied to the hair from the ends to the roots. This is kept for about 15 to 20 minutes and then shampooed to get soft silky and luxurious looking hair.
- Scrub: A mixture of olive oil, sugar and a few drops of lemon juice can be applied on the face and body to exfoliate it, correct its pH levels and also make the skin baby soft. This scrub can also be used to fix chapped lips and regain their pink elegance especially during harsh winters.
- Make-up remover: Olive oil for face can also be used as a make-up remover by gently massaging it on the skin. In fact, it is so mild that it can also be used to remove eye make-up thereby increasing its utility. Following up this message with a wash of warm water and a face wash with a good pH balance completes the routine and ensures that the face remains damage free.
- Remedy for ear wax: Irrespective of whether the ear wax build-up inside the ears is new and soft or old and stubborn, it can be flushed out with the use of olive oil. While the new build-ups do not need much effort, in order to clean stubborn build-up of ear wax, 2 to 3 drops of olive oil need to be put into the ears for a few consecutive days before going to bed. This softens it up and helps to flush it out.
- Cuticle softener: Massaging the nails with olive oil softens the cuticles of both hands and feet and also ensures that nails grow long, strong and glow with a natural shine.
- Body massage: Massaging olive oil gently into the skin of the face, body and even the palms of the hand and the soles of the feet ensure that every inch of the body remains soft and supple to touch. In fact this massage is very effective during winters when the dryness of the weather tends to dry the skin making it look chapped.
Following an olive oil skin care routine at least once a week consisting of exfoliation, wash and then an olive oil massage can do wonders to the face and body. This results in a skin which is soft to touch and hair glowing with a soft shine, thereby proving without doubt that olive oil is the best natural skin care ingredient available.