A Spa Technician career is perfect for you if you enjoy helping to enhance an individual's appearance and providing skincare treatments to the face and body.
Spa Technicians are responsible for a number of activities such as:
1. A Spa Technician is responsible for treating the facial skin to maintain and improve its appearance using specialized techniques and products such as peels and masks, and to select and apply cosmetic products such as creams, lotions, and tonics.
2. A Spa Technician examines clients’ skin and determines which products or colors will improve clients’ skin quality and appearance.
3. A Spa Technician performs simple extractions to remove blackheads, provide facial and body massages, remove body hair by wax and apply chemical peels to reduce fine lines and age spots.
4. Spa Technicians give manicures and pedicures to clients, apply artificial nails and advise clients about colors and instruct them in makeup application techniques.
What does a Spa Technician do?
1. The main work activity of a spa technician is to assist and care for others and provide personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to customers or patients.
2. Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring and helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
3. Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and/or processing paperwork.
4. Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
5. A Spa Technician also sometimes makes appointments, schedules events, programs, and activities or the working hours of coworkers.
So, if you are a creative person with a sense of style and beauty, then a career as a spa technician could be the perfect job for you.
Southwest Schools offers a comprehensive training course for spa technicians, and covers topics related to skin care and help you enhance your skills and pass any required licensing exams.
So don’t wait to get your career underway, contact http://www.sws. edu today.