Each year, people spend millions of dollars on hair-care products and treatments. Unfortunately, some of these efforts are too rough or done frequently. The result is hair damage rather hair care. Damaged hair stays damaged until it grows out and is cut off. This can take many months, because your hair grows only about 1/2 inch each month.
1. Brush your hair regularly before going to bed each night.
2. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Use very little but enough to cover hair completely with lather. Use a conditioner to keep hair manageable. If you like to wash your hair very day, do not use shampoo every day. Shampoo hair no more than twice a week as shampoo tends to strip your hair of its natural oils.
3. Avoid brushing wet hair. This will cause the hair to stretch and finally break. Finger-dry, or use a wide-toothed comb instead of a brush to gently remove the knots.
4. Restrict blow-drying your hair. The process of blow-drying is harsh on hair as it robs it of moisture. Air dry whenever possible.
5. Avoid dyes if possible.
6. Take a calcium supplement or drink two glasses of milk a day.
7. Always hold hair dryer away from your hair. Direct air from the hair dryer down hair shaft and not directly into the roots and keep it moving.
8. After a perm, never brush your hair. Instead comb hair gently.
9. Trim your hair once in 7 weeks to avoid split ends.
10. Avoid pulling back your hair tightly.
11. Never use a rubber band on your hair as it can pull and damage hair considerably.
12. Never go out in the sun without having your head covered.
13. Stimulate circulation by massaging your head with oil to which some vitamin E has been added. This will make hair soft and silky.
14. Never wash your hair with very hot or very cold water, which will damage your hair for your hair styles.
15. Learn to relax. Hair loss can happen because of stress. Eat foods that are rich in vitamin B, C and E.
16. Add iron and minerals in the natural form in your diet.
17. If your hair is oily, cut down on fried food and fat. Drink plenty of water.
18. Dandruff which most of us suffer from at some point in our lives is truly a painful and unwanted affair. The way to fix this problem is to use good shampoo and wash your hair more often.
19. Before straightening your hair with a hair straightener apply ample moisturizer to prevent damage and frizz. Temporary straightening is a great way to give a different look to your hair. Do not straighten your hair frequently to avoid damage to curly hair.
20. Never perm a color, always color a perm. In other words, always color your hair after your perm.
In conclusion, hair care is a very individualized and personal thing. Feel free to add your own flair and style to your hair care routine, but remember to include hair care principles that will benefit your hair and avoid those that damage it.
To get more hair info about care, coloring, and new hair styles, perm, curly, updos (lots of NEW pictures), please visit http://haironline.edusoftmax.com/