A woman's hair is her crowning glory. A change of hairstyle can spell a huge different on how she looks and how she feels about herself. If you have noticed, people will start making a fuss if a woman has a sudden change of hairstyle especially if she has had that look for a while.
The changes woman do with their hair also changes them inside. That is why they are very careful with what they do with it. Some even trust only one hair stylist to do their hair.
Since hair is very valuable to a woman, it is also important that she knows how to take care of it. The care your hair needs depends on the kind of hair you have.
Here are some tips on how to take care of your hair:
1. Avoid styling your hair when it is wet. Your hair breaks easily when it is. It is not recommended that you use a hot blow dryer or any hair straighteners at this time. Use a wide tooth comb, start from the bottom part of your hair and work your way up.
2. Use the right hair care products. Most think that all shampoos are the same, but this is untrue. When you look for a shampoo or conditioner, make sure that it is suitable for your hair. If you have an oily hair, choose a hair care product that is designed for that particular type of hair. The same goes for the dry hair.
3. Brush your hair gently. The gentle brushing of hair is good. This evenly distributes the oil from your scalp throughout the strands of your hair. Evenly distributed oil will make your hair smoother, softer and shinier. When your hair tangles, work on the tangled spot first. Don't force the brush through because this will cause your hair to break.
4. Activities such as swimming or staying under the heat of the sun for a long period of time can cause your hair to dry. It would be best to use products made for dry hair after such activities. You can also use products that can protect your hair from direct exposure to sunlight.
5. Be extra careful with your hair after a chemical treatment. It is not advisable to use electric hair straighteners, curling irons and the like after a chemical treatment because this can be damaging for your hair. Ask your hairdresser's recommendation on what hair products to use after the treatment.
It is important to take care of your hair and to do this you have to be aware of what your hair type is. It is vital to note though, that all hair types are prone to breakage and damage when they are wet so you have to avoid styling your hair when it is. You also have to use the right product for your hair and gently brush them to distribute the oil from your scalp. If you are exposed to elements that can cause your hair to dry, use products intended for dry hair. And, never use any product that can damage your hair after a chemical treatment.
Kristy is a professional hair stylist and writer for My Hair Styling Tools, a leading supplier of Hair Straighteners .