There are many available hair dryers in the market today. The variety makes it difficult for individuals to choose one. To help you decide which hair dryer to purchase, here are some guidelines you can choose:
1. Wattage is important because implies the power of your hair dryer. If you are going to purchase dryers with low wattage, expect to be spending more time drying your hair after you shower. The ideal choice is about 1750 to 1800 watts because it dries your hair faster. You will need more watts if you have thick curly hair. Although the ionic hair dryers claim that they dry hair faster, it will still depend on the number of watts your dryer has.
2. Consider the type of hair you have. If you have fine or damaged hair, choose a dryer that has a very low heat level. Fine hair needs a gentler approach because it can easily break. If your hair is curly, purchase a dryer that comes with a diffuser. For this type of hair, you will not need very strong wattage but if you are sharing the dryer with others, consider the option in number 1.
3. Check the heat settings for better control. The multiple settings allow you adjust the heat in a level suitable for your hair type. Look for the cool shot button feature as well. This will help give your hair a tricky style by locking it in place once you are done with the style. Make sure that it has a nozzle attachment too. It will help you dry the portion you want to concentrate on faster.
4. The weight of the hair dryer is another factor to look at. Make sure that you can handle the weight so that it won't drain you while you do your hair.
5. The price is also an important consideration. This one product tells you the quality of dryer you are going to purchase. There are inexpensive dryers that will force you to wear hat every time you go out and will cause you more for hair repairing products. The dryers’ prices that range from $20 to $40 are more acceptable. Many recommend it because of the enhanced features that are almost similar to the professional hair dryers. In addition, dryers that are more expensive give the hair the best finish. The ionic hair dryers and ceramic hair dryers are among the popular choices.
Just like purchasing other devices, you have to consider several factors when you plan to purchase a hair dryer. Make sure that it is powerful enough to dry your hair faster when you need it done in no time. It should also live up to the type of hair you have. This includes its heat settings. It has to be adjustable to a level that suits you. Its weight matters too. It should not wear you down when drying your hair or else you will not be willing to finish your hair. In addition, know the price you are willing to pay. Make sure that you will have a good bargain without compromising its quality.
Kristy is a professional hair stylist and writer for My Hair Styling Tools, a leading supplier of Ionic Hair Dryers