Hair straighteners are popular nowadays. It only displays the desire of women to have great straight hair from time to time. People who have curly and wavy hair are not the only ones who use it; those who have straight hairs use it as well.
However, constant use of hair straighteners is not good news for your hair. This can be damaging to them. In order for your hair to remain healthy even after frequent use of the device, follow these helpful tips:
1. Choose a good hair straightener. If you want to have the best results, choose the best tool. Ceramic hair straighteners are good for your hair and you might want to consider that. Instead of drying your hair after use, you will notice that it will give it a healthy glow.
2. The heat distribution has to be even. The cheap straighteners with metal plates usually have this problem. A portion of it is hot enough while the other end has more than the temperature level you desire. That part will burn your hair. The good thing about having a good straightener is that you do not have to worry about problems like this. If you picked your device well, the heat will be just right all throughout the plate.
3. Use protective spray on the portion you are about to straighten. This will ensure that you will not damage your hair. Investing in protective hair products will also enhance the results. You will surely have smooth and shiny straight hair after.
4. Although straighteners do a great job, avoid using it daily. Daily exposure to heat is harmful for your hair especially if your device has a metal plate. There are devices designed for daily use though. However, your hair could use a rest day or two.
5. Before you start with the straightener, make sure to have a tangled free hair. You can run your hand through your hair while drying them, attempting to have it straightened while you do so. It will have better result and you will not need to run the device on your hair repeatedly. Use the straightener properly. Do not leave it clipped on your hair for a long period.
Hair straighteners are fun to use but it is also damaging for your hair. Keep in mind that when you are choosing a device, purchase something that will improve the condition of your hair. The ceramic hair straighteners leave your hair moisturized after straightening. Investing in good tools will save you from worrying about issues on evenly distributed heat. You will be confident that the tool you have will not burn a portion of your hair because the heat is under control. Daily use of straighteners is damaging. As much as possible, give it a break from the scorching heat occasionally during the week. Before that straightener touches your hair, prepare it. Remove any tangles from washing and drying. Finally, protect it with sprays before sliding the straightener through it.
Kristy is a professional hair stylist and writer for My Hair Styling Tools, a leading supplier of Hair Straighteners