Next time your looking to boost your ego and find the thinnest part of your body look in the mirror and gaze just slightly below your eyes and you've found it. The thin layer of skin just below your eyes in devoid of fat and backed with blood vessels. Ultimately, this combination is what creates the dark eye circles that you fear. Not only does this make it easy for the blood vessels to show through, but it also makes it a very convenient spot for the collection of fluids. This is why after a long night out at the bar, filled with tears can result in a puffy “bag" like appearance under your eyes. That all sounds great, but you may be wondering how this effect you and not your friends or co-workers. Thought that it the fundamental reason behind it there are several factors that determine the likelihood of those dark circle deemed as raccoon eyes.
- Heredity: You got your fathers eyes and your mothers hair and you can also thank them for those dark and puffy spots. Everything from the the thickness of your skin or to a list of nasal and allergy related problems can travel down the family tree. Unfortunately, this is something that can't be readily fixed and often times you're left to suffer with the rest of your family. On the other side of the coin, allergy and nasal problems can often be remedies or at least decreased by prescription or over the counter drugs.
- Age: You may have noticed that these tell tale circles just started to appear or that you never had this problem when you were younger. Most individuals will chalk this up to a bi-product of your hectic life as an adult, however, your schedule isn't’ the only thing responsible for your tired appearance. That thin layer of skin under your eyes is initially a bit thicker but over time it thins down. The older you get the thinner this may become and that accounts for the increase in dark circles as you mature.
- Lack of Sleep: It's not a coincidence that those dark circles and puffy eyes appear after a sleepless night or a serious of sleepless nights. Chronic fatigue or lack of sleep is on of the leading causes of this problem. Fortunately for you, a few extra hours of sleep can often get rid of them quickly. Staying well rested is the number one way to combat raccoon eyes due to fatigue.
While those are the major causes of the darkened areas under your eyes there are a few more that are worth mentioning:
- Alcohol: A night of excessive drinking will definitely leave you with dark and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Menstruation and Pregnancy
- Caffeine: An over abundance of caffeine from things like soda and chocolate will leave your under eyes dark.
Sick of looking less than refreshed? Here are a few quick tips to help you look refreshed daily.
- Get a good nights sleep
- Limit alcohol intake
- Limit Caffeine intake
- Hydrate your Body/Drink 8 ounces of water daily
- Apply Cool Compresses
- Apply a Slice Cucumber Compresses
- Use Vitamin Rich Under Eye Creams
- Use Under Eye Concealer
For more information on makeup like this, be sure to visit the experts at MakeUpTip at www.makeuptip.com .