All of us age, some of us more gracefully than others. Have you ever wondered why some people have noticeably fewer wrinkles than others of the same age? Perhaps they have the secret. We’ll try to help. Read on to find out what are the best lifestyle ways of reducing skin aging and wrinkles.
And did you know that 10% of wrinkles is genetics and 90% is environment and lifestyle? This is good news because it means there’s something that you can do about it. You can start making lifestyle changes today that will reduce skin wrinkles and aging right away.
Here are the top tips for preventing skin aging, and having skin that consistently look 5-10 years younger than your age:
1. Sun Protection – This is important. The sun can cause your skin to age fast because the UV rays damage the collagen and this causes premature wrinkles. This is called ‘photo aging’. Using UVA and UVB protection sunscreen when in the sun, and/or using a hat and sunglasses, reduces this sun damage on our skin.
2. Don’t Smoke – The harmful toxins in cigarettes wreck your facial skin. It breaks down collagen and elastin just like the sun, which means premature wrinkles and more of them. You can’t expect so inhale toxins all day long and not pay the price.
3. Don’t Drink Too Much – Alcohol is not good for the skin. Sure the occasional drink is okay but if you are drinking every day your skin is going to suffer for it. Alcohol dehydrates the skin as well as the body while feeding it toxins which equals wrinkles and skin damage.
4. Get Plenty Of Sleep – They didn’t call it beauty sleep for nothing! If you don’t get proper sleep on a regular basis your skin and other organs won’t be able to rejuvenate properly, which means your skin will begin to look tired and aged. So make sure that you have good sleep most nights of the week.
5. Reduce Your Stress Levels – Stress affects the body negatively and chronic stress damages the skin. When you are stressed your skin doesn’t receive the necessary amount of blood which makes your skin will not repair properly and look more wrinkled and aged. SO learn to reduce stress with meditation, exercise and taking time to relax every day.
6. Eat Well – There’s plenty of reason to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables – at least 5 types of vegetables every day. They are packed with antioxidants that will help your body fight free radicals and protect the skin. Antioxidants are a powerful wrinkle reducer. Wholesome, natural food is the key.
7. Get Enough Exercise – Your skin is your largest organ and when you exercise right it helps eliminate toxins from the skin and promote healthy skin circulation to keep all the skin cells in top condition. This means healthier skin and reduced fine lines and wrinkles. The reduced stress and relaxation when you exercise and afterwards regularly feels great.
So there you have it.
These are lifestyle hints that will keep you in good shape both on the inside as well as reducing the rate of aging on your skin. After all, you want to look as young as you feel. To do this, it all starts with your lifestyle.
So go ahead and put these 7 power points into practice.
When you combine a great lifestyle regime with a wrinkle cream that works, then that’s where you get absolute maximum results and look great.
In fact your friends will ask you how you always keep your skin looking so great, so go for it!
Find out the top 3 wrinkle creams that work, and see the before and after pictures for yourself, at Marcus Ryan's review site on the best rated wrinkle cream products . Plus get free wrinkle cream samples of these top products at his site right now.